Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Range question

Old 04-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Bucknut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range question

I know all kinds of factors can affect the range.....but typically, what kind of range will a R/C work?

I have a nitro R/C truck (RC10 GT) and have let it go about 75-100 yards out before getting nervous and turning it around (I don't have a fail-safe installed).

The radio I have is a XP-2, 2 channel AM radio.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:51 PM
gerwen

Default RE: Range question

Check your range with a buddy and the motor off. Have some hand signals or two-way radios to communicate and start walkin. Find out where the car goes glitchy or refuses to respond.

Chances are it'll be farther away than you'd be comfortable controlling your car. I know i turn around when my car gets far enough away that i can't easily tell which way it's facing.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Bucknut

Default RE: Range question

Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks, I'll have to do that as soon as I figure out my current problem. (see thread titled "R/C problem" )