Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Futaba 3PM - Neutral Position Issue

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba 3PM - Neutral Position Issue

Old 04-12-2005, 06:05 AM
WizzBang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3PM - Neutral Position Issue

My 3PM controller is acting up. Specifically, It doesn't hold the neutral position so the throttle brake servo jumps a bit. Specifically, either the brake is engaged when I let off the gas, or the throttle is stuck open 15%. I believe the problem is in the trigger (I have changed out servos and it didn't fix it). Does anyone have a fix for this?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:03 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Futaba 3PM - Neutral Position Issue

My 3PM-TFS seems a little funky also. Nothing like 15% but the steering twitches sometimes and the trottle doesn't return to neutral perfectly.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:21 AM
j.hamp

hey i was looking at buying one of these is this a common problem ppl have with these or were these two friday afternoon jobs what eles is out there for siimilar money if this is a common problem.

john
Old 03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the problem is not any adjustments that can be made on the transmitter or a bad servo, most likely it is a faulty radio.

I have owned the 3PM for over a year and never had any problems. Same with many people I know. I recommend all of Futaba's radio gear.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Hoese37

True that. Im a Futaba only kinda guy. Ive never had a problem with my 3PM other than my battery tray, but that was my fault. Dont try to charge 8 cells on a charger designed for 7 cell max. it may also be a receiver issue. also try checking the connections from the servo arm to the brakes\throttle, they should move freely. I had a simjlar problem with my steering, turns out the steering bellcranks were binding a little bit. There may also be interference