Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo ques

Old 05-08-2005, 06:11 PM
SqueedilySpooch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo ques

Hi i am looking into buying a new high speed/torque steering servo. I currently have a JR XS3 stock radio system. I found 2 good looking servos and I want to know more about both and which one offers better consistancy, holding power and generally which one is better.

My stock metal gear analog servo that came with the radio is being mean. Every time i turn it left or right the servo seems to stick and not go back to neutral and a loud buzzing noise is there until it is set to neutral posistion. I have to always turn it slighty in the opposite way of how i turned it to get it to be straight.

EX: i turn all the way to the right and let the servo go back to neutral. NOw it is slightly offcentered to the right and i have to keep bumping the steering control(turning my control wheel) on my transmitter to the left slightly till its back to neutral.

I still want to be able to use this servo till i decide to buy a new one cause it has decent performance still and its not broken yet (i don't think so).

here is the servo info
[link]http://www.microrcshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?page=M/PROD/el_ser/30031[/link]
and here is the servo i want(same one but w/ heatsink)
[link]http://www.microrcshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?page=M/PROD/el_ser/30035[/link]

And the other [link]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRPSZ8800S[/link]

Now if there are other nice servos out there that plz share!
(not hitec though i had bad exp w/ em in the past)
Old 05-09-2005, 06:07 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Servo ques

ORIGINAL: SqueedilySpooch

My stock metal gear analog servo that came with the radio is being mean. Every time i turn it left or right the servo seems to stick and not go back to neutral and a loud buzzing noise is there until it is set to neutral posistion. I have to always turn it slighty in the opposite way of how i turned it to get it to be straight.

EX: i turn all the way to the right and let the servo go back to neutral. NOw it is slightly offcentered to the right and i have to keep bumping the steering control(turning my control wheel) on my transmitter to the left slightly till its back to neutral.
Have you tried pulling the servo apart to see if any of the gears are stripped? A $5 gear set may be a fix for your servo.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
SqueedilySpooch

Default RE: Servo ques

I found out the prob. My steeying linkages connected to the servo were binding....now i just need to fix that. Anywayz i'd still like a new servo for the future, any thoughts....ppl?