Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Question about 3pk crystals...

Old 05-22-2005, 06:34 AM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 3pk crystals...

A good month and a half ago, i bought a futaba 3pk from HK and the crytals where 40.670 and here in the Uk they are illegal right. so i got some new futaba 40 crystals. They work fine. But i have just seen on the futaba-rc website (http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/service-faq.html#q2) that you can not just change the frequency by changing the crystals over. is this right. will the new futaba crystals that i have brought that are legal be ok? or will i have to get a new receiver R203HF with the correct UK frequency and also get a new modeule etc...

any advice would be most greatfull

Darren
Old 05-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Engrose

Default RE: Question about 3pk crystals...

I think that the meaning is that you can't change the frequencyband by changing crystals. So you can't change a 75 mHz to a 40 mHz by changing the crystals, but you can change one 40 mHz frequency to another 40 mHz frequency.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:26 AM
dazzahughesuk

Thanks mate. So changing 40.670 to say 40.875 is perfictly ok.
Darren
ORIGINAL: Engrose

I think that the meaning is that you can't change the frequencyband by changing crystals. So you can't change a 75 mHz to a 40 mHz by changing the crystals, but you can change one 40 mHz frequency to another 40 mHz frequency.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:27 PM
rockdragon

Yes to change from 40.670 to 40.875 is perfectly working fine. BUT you're still in the 40Mhz band that is illegal in the Uk. To switch from 40 to 75, you will have to replace the MODULE and the receiver to the 75MHz band set. You also have choices to choose as AM or FM freq at 27 or 75MHz. [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/index.html]Info HERE[/link] [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=LEB&P=7]and here.[/link]
Old 05-23-2005, 04:29 AM
dazzahughesuk

Thanks rockdragon for clearing that up.

Darren
Old 05-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: rockdragon

Yes to change from 40.670 to 40.875 is perfectly working fine. BUT you're still in the 40Mhz band that is illegal in the Uk. To switch from 40 to 75, you will have to replace the MODULE and the receiver to the 75MHz band set. You also have choices to choose as AM or FM freq at 27 or 75MHz. [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/index.html]Info HERE[/link] [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=LEB&P=7]and here.[/link]
The 40 mHz band is NOT illegal in the UK. It's the 75 mHz that is illegal in UK and in the rest of Europe. It is just that it's only certain frequencies that are allowed even in the 40 mHz band. And it's always a clever thing to be sure that your frequencies are legal before you participate in a race.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:59 AM
rockdragon

Oooohh...ooooohh !! sorry for that!
Thanks! Engrose for lighting me up about the illegal freq things. But now I've the Spektrum on my 3PK, so I don't have to worry anymore.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Engrose

How is the spektrum working - is it as good as it sounds?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:15 AM
rockdragon

ORIGINAL: Engrose

How is the spektrum working - is it as good as it sounds?
Here are my Spektrum with the Tx RF module, R203HF HRS Rx, and the R113iP PCM1024 Rx. So far I've been very busy dealing with the COGGING problem on my brushless system problem of my MRX-4 (Mini Quake). No time to really hand-on playing with the Spektrum. But until now I haven't had any thing wrong with the spectrum yet. Everytime when power up, it works fine without any interference.
One thing when the spektrum module is installed on the top of the T3PK Tx, the module cover won't be able to be put back on because of the spektrum antenna is on the way.