Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Received my MX-3S and have a couple of questions

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Received my MX-3S and have a couple of questions

Old 05-23-2005, 08:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Received my MX-3S and have a couple of questions

The only problem I have is I have never had a radio with all these functions and the instructions do not tell you what the functions do.
What is?
Sub Trim, Arc, End point adjustment that I think I know but not sure and Steering Dual rate do.
The instructions tell you how to adjust them but not what the do or are for.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:47 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Received my MX-3S and have a couple of questions

Sub trim is just like trim, but it allows you to set the default trim, then your regular trim settings will be at 0 (or neutral, or centred) Then you can use the normal trim functions to fine tune.

Adjusting end points changes how far your servo will go at max travel, ie. if you turn the wheel all the way to the right, epa adjusts how far the servo goes to the right.

Dual Rate allows you to set your steering to a lower amount of travel. For example, if you were spinning out from oversteer, and having trouble controlling your vehicle, you can adjust the dual rate down so that the wheels don't turn as much. It's like limiting your steering to a certain % of what you set your end points to.

Arc, ( it think) is like exponential. I can't seem to find the words to properly describe how it works, but positive expo makes the servo steer more near the middle, and less the further you turn. Negative expo will make it turn less near the middle, and more the further you turn. Sorry if this is confusing.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:31 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: gerwen

Sub trim is just like trim, but it allows you to set the default trim, then your regular trim settings will be at 0 (or neutral, or centred) Then you can use the normal trim functions to fine tune.

Adjusting end points changes how far your servo will go at max travel, ie. if you turn the wheel all the way to the right, epa adjusts how far the servo goes to the right.

Dual Rate allows you to set your steering to a lower amount of travel. For example, if you were spinning out from oversteer, and having trouble controlling your vehicle, you can adjust the dual rate down so that the wheels don't turn as much. It's like limiting your steering to a certain % of what you set your end points to.

Arc, ( it think) is like exponential. I can't seem to find the words to properly describe how it works, but positive expo makes the servo steer more near the middle, and less the further you turn. Negative expo will make it turn less near the middle, and more the further you turn. Sorry if this is confusing.
Thanks that tells me more then the sorry manual that cam with it does! Now all I have to do is find the time to put it in my new Savage 4.6 I have had for 3 months but have been waiting to get a FM 3 channel radio system. I hope to get FM receivers for all my nitro trucks some day. I am sure when I get it put in I will understand it better from playing with it.
Thanks
Old 05-25-2005, 07:59 AM
gerwen

ORIGINAL: 46u
I am sure when I get it put in I will understand it better from playing with it.
Thanks
You will

The first thing you want to set up is epa, so that the servo just barely pushes your wheels from fully turned left to fully turned right as you turn the Tx's wheel from full left to full right. This way, you are getting 100% full steering, with no wasted movement of the Tx wheel, and no stressing the servos by trying to push the wheels farther than they can go.

Same thing for epa on the throttle brake. You want the carb to just get to full open as the trigger goes to full pull. Epa on the brake side adjusts how much brake you want at full push of the trigger. You can customize it to how you want the brake to feel.

Expo (arc) can change the 'feel' of your truck. If it is twitchy while turning, using negative expo can calm it. If it is sluggish to turn, some positive expo can limber it up a bit. It won't make the the truck handle better, but it can help you handle the truck better.

I use the sub-trim to get the vehicle tracking straight and the throttle linkages working correctly when i first set it up, after that it's the main trim (which is much more handy) to fine tune while i'm running.