Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spectrum DX3?

Old 05-26-2005, 11:40 PM
helijj
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum DX3?

Has some one already has this radio?, How do you like it?, How many model memory it has?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:58 PM
rockdragon

Default RE: Spectrum DX3?

[link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/DX3/Default.html]DX3 [/link] is not out yet until [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM2030]LATE JUNE[/link].
Old 05-27-2005, 09:33 AM
helijj
My Feedback: (5)

Oh! I din't notice that! sorry. Anyway does any one know any info about how many model memory it has?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:39 AM
rockdragon

3 Model Memory
Old 06-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Flubbis83

Is this thing exactly the same as DSM modul but just with the radio?
Old 06-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Ram008

Yes, the DX3 uses the same Spektrum receivers, it just has the Spektrum system built into the radio instead of plugging the module into the back.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Tridi

I read the DX3 manual, I don't see the lap counter capability as XS3 has.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:12 PM
snooptalian
My Feedback: (7)

I wished they would release this radio already. Looks like it has been pushed back now to July, instead of this month...[:@]
Old 06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Galifrey

Just been told mine shipped yesterday...

Old 06-28-2005, 06:59 PM
z3usX5

Just got mine. So far it looks k00l, i had a JR XS3.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Galifrey

Mine arrived this morning, looks cool...

Will post some pics later

Old 06-29-2005, 10:41 PM
chelopr

I just got mine today, May be I will test them on saturday, because I work on the week, if the radio works good I will buy the other 2 receivers for the other car. but right now I have an issue.., I do not know on which car I'm going to use it, on my rc10 gt or my savage....[]

Can you guys keep posted whow it work, I will do the same

enjoy your new radio!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78359.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	291969  
Old 06-30-2005, 01:23 PM
gs-stormracer

savage-
Old 07-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Gordie

have any of you guys tried it out, i want to know if it is better than the JR X3S pro synth which one would you guys buy and why? btw wat r the stats on the servos that come with the spectrum?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:17 AM
chelopr

ORIGINAL: Gordie

have any of you guys tried it out, i want to know if it is better than the JR X3S pro synth which one would you guys buy and why? btw wat r the stats on the servos that come with the spectrum?
Well i tested on this past weekend and from 1 to 10 I'll give a 10 for now it was only four tanks. I placed in my RC10GT and run about four tanks without problems, just was setup one time, and no more problems or issues. the servos are ok I use the 570 high(80oz+-) torque for the steering and the 270(standar) for throthe.

You ask if is better than jr3 well, I tell you this, you do not need change channels, I never use a jr3 but one time I use jr2 and I hate it because glicht too much, and I saw people with JR3 with same glicht problem, With DX3 I try to force it to glicht but no glicht, I touch all metal part with a metal screwdriver and anything happen. the radio is the same case on the JR2 ,The only thing is that is only 3 model memory but for the price is great radio. I will plannig to buy another two for my other cars.

Next test:
On the first time a set the antena tube was about 6 inche height, the now I cut the antenna tube to 3 inches and place the excess of cable inside of the receiver box(RPM receiver box). then the antenna is now almost under( only 2MM outside) the body let see if this will have any effect on the range.

Seeeyaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Gordie

ok thanks i think i will look into the spektrum do u think its worth the money?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:19 AM
chelopr

In my Opinion I made a good deal with this radio I thing is a good inversion I like it, you never need to thing on the freq issues or never have to worry about freq issues again. But as I toll you I used with 4 tanks only in my GT and still testing. I will keep posted how it working.

ok thanks i think i will look into the spektrum do u think its worth the money?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you want servos or a transmitter? I own the JR XS3, JR XR2, Futaba T3PK, and Nomadio Sensor. Myself, I passed on getting the Spectrum module for the T3PK for several reasons. First of all, the Nomadio Sensor already has realtime telemetry "now" in their complete radio system despite another company's claim to be the first to release a 2.4GHz transmitter radio and later realtime telemetry. I also figured that a module version would also be limited to whatever transmitter it was used in whether it be the Futaba T3PK, Ko Propo Ex-10 Helios, Airtronics M8 or the M11. I further figured that the DX3 would even be more limited than one of the module transmitter radios I already listed even though it didn't need crystals. For a cheap upgrade radio from a RTR transmitter, the DX3 probably is fine but I would hate to purchase one very limited transmitter simply to purchase another later--which is basically what I did when I originally purchased the JR XS3. Just something to think about if you decide to stay in RC for a while and run something like high dollar Airtronic servos.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Do you want servos or a transmitter? I own the JR XS3, JR XR2, Futaba T3PK, and Nomadio Sensor. Myself, I passed on getting the Spectrum module for the T3PK for several reasons. First of all, the Nomadio Sensor already has realtime telemetry "now" in their complete radio system despite another company's claim to be the first to release a 2.4GHz transmitter radio and later realtime telemetry. I also figured that a module version would also be limited to whatever transmitter it was used in whether it be the Futaba T3PK, Ko Propo Ex-10 Helios, Airtronics M8 or the M11. I further figured that the DX3 would even be more limited than one of the module transmitter radios I already listed even though it didn't need crystals. For a cheap upgrade radio from a RTR transmitter, the DX3 probably is fine but I would hate to purchase one very limited transmitter simply to purchase another later--which is basically what I did when I originally purchased the JR XS3. Just something to think about if you decide to stay in RC for a while and run something like high dollar Airtronic servos.
What is the problem with using Airtronics or other high-end servos with a "normal" transmitter?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Since some servos are digital and run over $100.00 USD, it seems pointless to me to purchase a transmitter based on the fact that it may come with servos. Ever really check out the servos that ship with RTRs? If they were any good, the price of a RTR would be a lot more expensive. Consequently, I can't see a transmitter shipping with really good servos at a cheap price unless the transmitter itself was lacking. For your information, certain transmitter modes, such as the HRS Mode on a Futaba T3PK requires the use of all digital servos since the transmitter signal is a lot faster and could burn out analog servos. One nice thing about the Nomadio Sensor is that the transmitter can be programmed for each specific servo which should help prevent burning up an analog servo based on the faster signal and still allow both analog and digital servos to be used at the same time.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Gordie

well im pretty new to the scene and i got the NTC3 seemed like a solid car so im not sure about all this techno mumbo jumbo i dont really know much about radios
Old 07-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Gordie

well i plan on using the servos that come with it for now but i do plan on getting some better ones fairly soon and just upgrade all electronics on the car so i guess i want to know if the transmitter and reciever are good
Old 07-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Since some servos are digital and run over $100.00 USD, it seems pointless to me to purchase a transmitter based on the fact that it may come with servos. Ever really check out the servos that ship with RTRs? If they were any good, the price of a RTR would be a lot more expensive. Consequently, I can't see a transmitter shipping with really good servos at a cheap price unless the transmitter itself was lacking. For your information, certain transmitter modes, such as the HRS Mode on a Futaba T3PK requires the use of all digital servos since the transmitter signal is a lot faster and could burn out analog servos. One nice thing about the Nomadio Sensor is that the transmitter can be programmed for each specific servo which should help prevent burning up an analog servo based on the faster signal and still allow both analog and digital servos to be used at the same time.
I agree with you all the way, but I think that you misunderstood my question. Of course it would be best to buy a really good tx from the start instead of one of the cheap ones, but if you have a decent midrange tx like a JR XS3 or Hitec CRX, then why shouldn't you use the really good servos?

Gordie - if you just have a rtr-tx or no tx at all, then for most people the midrange tx's like XS3, Hitec CRX or SRX is more than enough. The DX3 should also be much better than the cheap AM radiosystems and the lack of frequency issues make it very interesting.

Do you use a local hobby shop in Markham?
Old 07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Engrose
I agree with you all the way, but I think that you misunderstood my question. Of course it would be best to buy a really good tx from the start instead of one of the cheap ones, but if you have a decent midrange tx like a JR XS3 or Hitec CRX, then why shouldn't you use the really good servos?
I never wrote that someone can't or shouldn't use certain transmitters with "really good servos." It's just that to take "full advantage" of a really good servo, one may need to use a higher quality transmitter unlike those shipped with RTRs and even a midrange transmitter as you put it.

After all if the signal is sent slower, it is probably not going to harm a servo that can be run faster unlike sending a faster signal to a servo that can't handle the speed--I am writing of 2x and 3x the standard signal speed. Again, my point is that most RTRs and/or transmitters don't ship with high quality servos since the increased cost would then be passed onto the consumer and the overall cost of the RTR and/or transmitter would be higher which most people probably wouldn't purchase. Can you imagine if the Futaba T3PK or Airtronics M11 came with the Spectrum, two $100.00 digital servos, and an optional AM Conversion Module all at the same time? Most people would probably purchase something cheaper instead of purchasing the "configuration" or the current options as they go along since they don't have to "bite-the-bullit" all at once.

By all means, if you or anyone else wants to purchase a transmitter based on what servos are included, go for it. Myself, I would rather purchase a transmitter based on the transmitter itself and not what servos are included with it. For that matter, the 2.4GHz Nimble "Dart" electronics cost or at least did cost $150.00 and can be installed into a cheapo $12.00 transmitter or basically anything with a radio wheel--about the same price as the Spektrum module and receiver.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:24 PM
bentgear

Buy the servo based on the application and not on the transmitter. For some applications standard servos work very well, but on a monster trucks steering they would suck. Ganged digital high dollar servos might not be the way to go either. If you can't match them up for travel and deadband all they are doing is fighting one another, even tho they seem to work well.

High dollar servos work equally well even with cheap AM radios if that is what the application calls for. The problem being that if you have an application that requires really good servos you most likely need some of the features that only higher end radios offer.

Ed M.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.