Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

2 cars 1 radio?????

Old 05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Bigdaddy72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 cars 1 radio?????

I have a airtronics mx-3 fm 75.990 mhzradio that i use with my savage 4.6 and i just got a new hyper pbs rtr that came with a cheap am 27 mhz system and i want to use my airtronics radio on both.what do i need ? thanks
Old 05-29-2005, 11:23 PM
rockdragon

Default RE: 2 cars 1 radio?????

You will need to get the other [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=3CH+FM++reciver&FVPROFIL=++&search3=Go]3 channel FM 75MHz receiver [/link] (not the Synth type) and a pair of FM 75MHz crytal to replace the cheap AM 27MHz one in your hyper pbs rtr. You may not have to get anoter pair of the crytal if you're willing to pull out from one receiver to put into the other one. But if you go with getting another pair, then you can just switch them at the Transmitter.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Bigdaddy72

thanks DRAGON will any of those work better then the other?
Old 05-30-2005, 09:51 AM
rockdragon

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX078590&P=V]This receiver [/link] is the matched set with your MX-3 transmitter as it comes with the crystal 75.990 installed. You do not need to get an extra pair of the crystal.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Philster

related questions:

I might have another truck and a 1/8th car soon. I want to upgrade my Savage to FM soon. How should I approach this? Should I pursue a decent FM radio and use it for all three vehicles?

I wouldn't mind having one radio and three cars that all functioned off of it. If I had a Savage truck, a Schumacher GTR and a PRP Katana (buggy), could I get a quality FM radio and just add the servos and receivers into the other cars???
Old 06-02-2005, 11:30 AM
rockdragon

ORIGINAL: Philster

related questions:
............I wouldn't mind having one radio and three cars that all functioned off of it. If I had a Savage truck, a Schumacher GTR and a PRP Katana (buggy), could I get a quality FM radio and just add the servos and receivers into the other cars???
Your idea is on the right track! One good FM Tx is a lot better than you have 10 AM 27MHz Tx. FM has less chance of glitching problem and longer range. Most good FM Tx come with at least 3 or more model memory. That means you can store many different settings of the cars on one Tx. One more thing, go with FM Synthesized type over the normal FM Tx. You will save the cost of getting extra crytals.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Philster

Read that post and now I'm already flipping through catalogues for a synthesized FM tx. Thanks rockdragon. This is gonna make my hobby time more enjoyable.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 AM
gerwen

Philster:
JR XS3 or XS3 Pro
Futaba 3PM-TFS (doesn't include synth receiver)
Airtronics MX3-S
Hitec SRX or CRX with added spectra synth module (not to be confused with spektrum)

These are the good, affordable synth radios.

I narrowed it down to those when I was looking for a new radio. They all look great. I got the JR XS3 and am very happy with it.