Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

JR XS3 pro problems

Old 06-06-2005, 08:53 PM
jeepcherxj95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XS3 pro problems

I am having problems with my radio. I have very poor reception. I can get my car about 150ft away and my failsafe turns on and stops my car. I tried changing channels and turning the failsafe off. I have no idea why this thing is so bad... Please Help!
~Joe~
Old 06-07-2005, 06:55 AM
gerwen

Default RE: JR XS3 pro problems

What happens when you remove your failsafe and do a range check(with a friend) Does the car glitch madly or lose signal?

Inspect your Tx and Rx antennas carefully for damage. Did you buy it new or second-hand? (i'm wondering if the Rx antenna may have been cut short)
Old 06-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Engrose

Are the batteries in both the car and the transmitter fully charged?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
jeepcherxj95

Thank you for the replies!! And yes, the radio was bought second hand... What should the length be for the antenna wire? The batteries are also fully charged. I ran the car without the failsafe and I lose reception... it doesnt glitch, it just stops responding. I did a little experiment also... I put the Tx antenna down and drove the car, it stops responding after like 50ft. I think the Rx wire was cut. anyone know how long it should be? thanks!!
~Joe~
nevermind, I found it... 20"
Old 06-09-2005, 08:53 PM
jeepcherxj95

The problem turned out being my venom failsafe.... I put in a dynamite one and it has all the range I will ever need.