Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Best radio out right now?

Old 06-15-2005, 06:36 PM
crazychris7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best radio out right now?

Looking for a new radio for my 1/8 buggy. Whats the best out or coming out right now? Been looking at the Z1, M11, 3PK, or maybe even the sensor... Im willing to pay for a high dollar radio if its worth it, and will last for a long time. Been looking over the sensor and itd be nice with the temp sensor, batt, exc. What do you guys think?

Chris
Old 06-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best radio out right now?

Although I also own a Futaba T3PK, I was previously using a JR XS3 to run my Mugen mbX5 prior to switching it over to a Nomadio Sensor. To me the M11 still looks like the M8 though I don't know the specific differences. I just know, I liked the feel of both the Futaba T3PK and Nomadio Sensor over the feel of both the M8 and Ko Propo Ex-10 Helios which the Z-1 appears to be based on. I also like the idea of real telemetry and using 2.4Ghz instead of adding a module add on like the Spectrum or using another sythesized transmitter where you still have to check frequencies.

One downside is that the current transceiver unit I have for the Nomadio Sensor is rather large and I had to modify the mbX5 receiver box to make it fit--it is even larger than the JR RS300. However, it is my understanding that Nomadio should be releasing a new updated and smaller transceiver. The good thing is that Nomadio is supposed to send early purchasers such as myself, the updated and smaller transceiver and we still get to keep the original transceiver unit. Myself, I'm also having problems with the temp probe so it seems, yet others are not. I have already taken photos of the temp probe and posted them on Nomadio's support forum. I expect another response very soon. Another possible downside to 1/5th scale owners is that the Nomadio Sensor currently doesn't have a brake mix though I've also been informed that an update may be available down the road.

One upside is that both the transmitter and transceiver can be updated via the computer. The transceiver plugs directly into the base of the transmitter and the transmitter uses a USB cable to connect to the computer. Hence, as more options are made available, the owner can simply plug in instead of having to return a transmitter to the company for an update.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:45 PM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best radio out right now?

Definitely the nomadio. It will last the longest and is the best. That radio will probably redefine rc cars. See you mph, temp, its like a dream come true. A mini computer in the palm of your hands.