Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba 3PM impressions?

Old 06-17-2005, 05:04 AM
shrinkwrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3PM impressions?

I currently have two trucks (RC10T4, T-Maxx) and I am ready to upgrade the radio equipment in both. Currently I am using just the equipment that came with the RTRs and I am looking to switch to FM and probably 75 Mhz. I have been looking at the Futaba 3PM and I was wondering if anyone had it and could post impressions. If not, are there any radios in a similar price range that you could also recommend? (120 for transmitter and receiver.)
Old 06-18-2005, 12:04 PM
shrinkwrap

Default RE: Futaba 3PM impressions?

How does the 3PM compare with the JR XR3i?
Old 06-20-2005, 06:24 AM
gerwen

While I was shopping, 3PM looked very good to me. Others on the list were the Airtronics MX-3 and the Hitec SRX. They were all comparable radios in the same price range. It was a tossup for me until i decided on synth and got a JR XS3.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:28 AM
mgreen

I used the JR XS3 and now I'm using the Futaba 3PM. The Futaba 3PM has all the features the XS3 has. It's just that it's not synth. The Futaba 3PM has ABS breaking which is real cool and 10 model memory compared to the XS3 having 5 or 6 model memory and not having ABS. They both fell the same in my hand with the Futaba a little bit more on the light side.

If you have the money, get the JR XS3 so you don't have to worry about frequency issues, if not, the futaba is a real good buy. I'm saving up on the new Nomadio Sensor.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

I like my JR XR2i(AM) better than my Futaba 3PM-TFS for what it's worth..
Old 09-21-2005, 12:43 PM
T-MAXX1288

I have the Futaba in My TMAXX and T4 and club race and it is a great radio. The receiver that comes with it is micro, so its nice and easy to find a place to mount it.