Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Anyone have problems with a 3PM-TFS?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Anyone have problems with a 3PM-TFS?

Old 06-26-2005, 11:28 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have problems with a 3PM-TFS?

Mine seems glitchy. When other people with radios get near my car it cause my servos to move. Also seems to not have much transmit power. Antenna down, car 50ft away. Loses signal. Anyone else think this thing is junk?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:14 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Anyone have problems with a 3PM-TFS?

If the other people with radios are on the same channel, then you will have problems.

You shouldn't run with your antenna down, your range will suffer greatly. 50ft away isn't surprising with the antenna down.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:18 AM
spokman

I don't run with the antenna down but when I'm wandering out on the track to right my car I like to lower it so if I trip or hit something the antenna doesn't get snapped off. My XR2i seems to always have signal. Just want to know if other people like, dislike or have reservations about this radio.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:28 AM
gerwen

You could try a full-on range check with both radios side by side. Get a buddy and start walkin. Maybe the futaba really is weak in comparison. I'm sure people here would like to know.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:36 AM
spokman

I'm gonna send it in to Futaba when I get it's replacement. Let them check it out. Looking at that new Spektrum radio from Horizon. Looks pretty nice. I've owned other Futaba gear and all their other low end stuff has been good. I might do that range check you suggested though. Put alkalines in both TX's. Set the cars side by side. Have someone watch them. Walk out. Might have someone with a TX turn it on standing next to the cars to. What was happening was my 777 was revving up anytime someone with a radio turn marsheled it while out playing. Mildly hazardous and embarassing.