Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo judder problem

Old 06-27-2005, 09:59 AM
uptonneil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo judder problem

Hi

I'm a relative beginner and recently bought a second hand nitro car with metal gear servos. I bought a full new radio set with the intention of leaving the metal gear servos in place. I did this and the servos 'juddered' and seem to lack torque. When I replace them with the standard plastic gear servos everthing is fine. Is it possible that there could be an issue with frequency? My new radio set is 27MHz but I'm not sure what the old one was. Also I rewired the servos (not from the circuit board but joined wires) with new clips. The new wires were futaba type clips and the receiver is sanwa. I had to modify the clips slightly by removing the plastic lip down the side. However, the old clips were a perfect fit, I think and the judder was the same. I feel as though I making a fundamental error but can't put my finger on it.

Please help

Thanks
Neil
Old 06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Engrose

Default RE: Servo judder problem

It shpuldn't matter which frequency the tx/rx has. Maybe the servos you got with the car are destroyed.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:10 AM
uptonneil

thanks engrose. i've just ordered some new metal gear 11kg/cm servos from japan through ebay. Only £11 each though so could be dodgy.....
Old 06-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Engrose

That sounds cheap!

What brand is it?