Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Radio/servo on the fritz

Old 07-04-2005, 03:16 PM
silver007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio/servo on the fritz

I have a Novak Super Rooster ESC w/BEC, Futaba Magnum Sport transmitter with with one of the basic, cheap 2ch receivers FP122JE with a 75.81, ch 81 crystal. Everything worked fine when I stored it, but now when I turn the transmitter on the servo just starts spinning (removed the cover and gears) and won't stop unless I hit a precise point with the steering. Then it'll stop and if I keep turning the steering wheel, it'll start spinning the other way. If I turn the transmitter off, it stops spinning.

The servo is a Futaba 9304 hi torque.

The trim has no affect really. It seems like though that the trim is waaaayyy over to one side, but it's really not.

What can I do? Is my transmitter junk? Everything was fine... but now... ??
Old 07-05-2005, 08:13 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Radio/servo on the fritz

Cover the basics first. Is everything connected properly? Are the batteries new or freshly charged?
Is there any damage to either Tx or Rx (corrosion on contacts or pcbs)?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:27 PM
silver007

Nope, unfortunately I can't find any elementary problems. 6-cells are new and freshly charged and holding voltage. AA's are freshly charged and working good. Good wiring. I switched the servo to the throttle channel and it does the same thing. The only thing I haven't tried is another servo b/c I don't have another one with me and it'll be weeks until my parents come to visit and bring another one.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:07 AM
gerwen

You switched the servo to the throttle channel and it does the same... that sounds like it's the servo. Does the ESC act normally when you plug it in?

If the ESC is normal, then try a different servo. If you don't want to buy one to test, take it to your lhs and see if they have one lying around you can try.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:44 PM
silver007

Well a month or so later and I'm waiting on my Rooster to get back from Novak via the reman replacement program... AND my $70 Futaba servo is toast. Hitec 645MG replaced it .