Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Crystals and Single Stick

Old 07-04-2005, 05:28 PM
DesertEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystals and Single Stick

who is better, hitec or futaba. i have both of there single-stick radios. what one is better for cars? if i need a Channel 49 72,778 Crystal but cant find the same one. will any Channel 49 Crystal work with a Channel 49 72,778 Crystal? does this make sence? can i buy any Channel 49 Crystals sets and they will work? i want to use 1 controler for all 3 of my cars. hows the best way to do this?

ty tom
Old 07-05-2005, 08:11 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Crystals and Single Stick

I don't believe it's legal for you to use those channels for surface use. I believe the 72mhz band is reserved for aircraft only.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:46 AM
DesertEagle

yes i know its legal, but they dont make a single stick for ground use. i need a single stick cuz im a quadriplegic and have no use of my hands. if you know anyone that makes a single stick in ground Frequencies, let me know
Old 07-06-2005, 07:04 AM
gerwen

I'm asking around about the ground use single stick.

As for the crystal question, you'd probably get better answers if you asked the plane guys in their forum here. They would have experience with crystals in the 72mhz range.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

since most of the 2-3 channel single-sticks are cheapies they won't have a swappable RF module to allow band changes like the better radios

but since 72mhz is pretty close to 75mhz it might only take a simple retuning of the RF section to accomplish. i have heard about this being done to hitec spectra modules so i assume it can also be done to the simpler radios. contact Radio South and see what they say about the possibility and price.

dave