Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Battery Pack for M8

Old 07-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Naval AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Pack for M8

I have an Airtronics M8 TX and would like to add a battery pack to it. I bought 8 Nicads, not a pack but just 8 separate cells that a hobby store had out of the package. I used these cells and it blew an internal fuse in the radio that had to be fixed by airtronics. I've had this fixed twice because the first time I thought it was just a fluke. I would like a battery pack that would work. I know airtronics makes a pack for the M8 but it is $70 bucks I don't want to spend on Nicads unless I have to. Any suggestions or if anyone knows about any Li-ion packs for a M8 TX please let me know ( I know that the Li-ion would cost more than the Airtronics Nicad, I just wouldn't want to pay $70 for a Nicad pack if I can buy 8 Radio Shack cells and have those work.)

Thank you for your time,

Naval AV8R
Old 07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Battery Pack for M8

One of my out-of-state friends uses a lipo (not LiIon, but LiPo) to run his Airtronics M8, but I couldn't explain to you how he did it. I just wanted to let you know that his transmitter is very light and it is possible to use a lipo. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:11 AM
MoJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery Pack for M8

buy some better quality rechargables.... i use aa rechargables and never had a problem....

the airtronics stylus pack is good but are only 1100mah, so they dont last too long... only 2 hours or so....

the other option is lipos, but are not good because the make the transmitter unbalanced.... too light down bottom...

ORIGINAL: Naval AV8R

I have an Airtronics M8 TX and would like to add a battery pack to it. I bought 8 Nicads, not a pack but just 8 separate cells that a hobby store had out of the package. I used these cells and it blew an internal fuse in the radio that had to be fixed by airtronics. I've had this fixed twice because the first time I thought it was just a fluke. I would like a battery pack that would work. I know airtronics makes a pack for the M8 but it is $70 bucks I don't want to spend on Nicads unless I have to. Any suggestions or if anyone knows about any Li-ion packs for a M8 TX please let me know ( I know that the Li-ion would cost more than the Airtronics Nicad, I just wouldn't want to pay $70 for a Nicad pack if I can buy 8 Radio Shack cells and have those work.)

Thank you for your time,

Naval AV8R