Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

DX3 Spektrum - Steering Servo Issue

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

DX3 Spektrum - Steering Servo Issue

Old 07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
R40Victim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX3 Spektrum - Steering Servo Issue

We're having a slight problem with the DX3. The steering servo has very limited travel. We've got the expo @ 0% and the EPA @ 125%. Short of using a super long servo arm, is there anything else that can be done? Maybe it's the spiffy grey servos it came with. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Added "Steering Servo Issue" to Title to distinguish from other DX3 Spektrum threads.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Engrose

Default RE: DX3 Spektrum - Steering Servo Issue

To locate the problem you can try to switch the servo with another to see if it's the servo or the tx/rx that has a fault.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:17 PM
chelopr

ORIGINAL: R40Victim

We're having a slight problem with the DX3. The steering servo has very limited travel. We've got the expo @ 0% and the EPA @ 125%. Short of using a super long servo arm, is there anything else that can be done? Maybe it's the spiffy grey servos it came with. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Added "Steering Servo Issue" to Title to distinguish from other DX3 Spektrum threads.
In wich vehicle your are using de DX3 because I using in a rc10gt and is about 90% on the travel and with that i have full steering. Another thing is that im using horns ofna that is more longer than the horns that came with the DX3 servos. On both of servo throte and steering I use les than 100% on the travel. try change the horn.

may this can help you. [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHZE3&P=7]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHZE3&P=7[/link]
Old 07-22-2005, 10:40 PM
R40Victim

The system was in a NTC3, and he had a standard sized servo arm. I'll be using something similar to what you have, and it's going in an 8th scale car. I don't have it yet, so I can't test in my car yet. I'll have it soon, and will begin testing. Thanks for the suggestions, I was just wondering if any one noticed less travel with the servos that come with the system.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It appears that those are just the same servos that ship with the JR XS3.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...mpage_2/tm.htm
Old 07-23-2005, 11:06 AM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

it is the only thing different is that they are grey but still the same 590 metal gear servo
Old 07-23-2005, 04:08 PM
chelopr

ORIGINAL: R40Victim

The system was in a NTC3, and he had a standard sized servo arm. I'll be using something similar to what you have, and it's going in an 8th scale car. I don't have it yet, so I can't test in my car yet. I'll have it soon, and will begin testing. Thanks for the suggestions, I was just wondering if any one noticed less travel with the servos that come with the system.
Also today I bought a second spektrum receiver and installed in my savage, and same thing the travel was Ok at 100% no need to take to 125% with a futaba 3305 high torque servo. IMO the standar servo arm are short I always use ofna arms or [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD671&P=7]dubro arms[/link]
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 PM
R40Victim

Well, I finally got the system, and installed it. No Problem!!! It's got plenty of travel with my already gigantic servo arm. I even had to turn it down a bit for right hand turns. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but the weekend quickly approaches...can't wait to test drive it!
Old 12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
kkot

HI to all, I have the same issue with the steering servos after installing the DX3. I have to Rc cars an Inferno GT rally game, and a thunder tiger MTA4 both steering servos (that came with the cars not the Spektrums) has very limited steering even when the EPA is at 125%. With the default t/x that came with the RTRs I have no problem with the steering.

I will apriciate if anyone can help here, with a possible solution for this issue.

R40Victim, Its not clear to me how you solved the problem, did you installed new horns?

Really thanks in advance
Kostis
Athens Greece
Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Nick2618

a longer servo arm should solve your problem,
Old 12-18-2007, 01:09 PM
RCtruckRacer

Someone at our track had this problem last year. If I remember correctly, the dual rate value was off from hitting the switch next to where your thumb sits. Seems to me that the B grip button changes the value of the steering rate from 100% to 40%? Something like that. Anyway, check the B grip button and make sure the dual rate is at or near 100%.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:03 AM
kkot

issue solved. the problem was tha "A" and "B" switches near to where the thumb sits, exactly as RCtruckRacer said. No matter what is the EPA value you have to adjust the "A" and "B" swithces too.. Now I have full steering from one end to the other.

Thanks for the answers guys.
Kostas