Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

2.4ghz radio, will phones interfere? Any other problems?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

2.4ghz radio, will phones interfere? Any other problems?

Old 08-14-2005, 04:45 AM
zr1s10
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz radio, will phones interfere? Any other problems?

I want to get a Spektrum radio but will phones or other things interfere with it?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 AM
bentgear

Default RE: 2.4ghz radio, will phones interfere? Any other problems?

Have used mine around cell and portable phones. No problem yet, but if you were around something that did not conform to the FCC requirements for the band i could see where there would be a problem. But, that statement also goes for a radio operating on any other band as well. I like it so much I have committed to changing everything over to this type system.

Ed M.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 AM
JRexA

The 2.4Ghz systems like the Spektrum and the Nomad Sensor should not be in truouble with any kind of mobile phones, as they are on different frequenzies.

DECT phones and WiFi LAN products on the other hand uses tha 2.4Ghz band, and if they doesn't conform to the stabdards then there might be a problem.

There could also be a problem if there is more than 78 different units using the 2.4Ghz band in the same area.
This makes ruum for 3-4 times as many 2.4ghz systems in the same area, as you would have with a 40Mhz system.

Also the 2.4Ghz system is virtually Immune to RF interferrence generated by badly made cars, scooters and such, as that kind of interference rarely exeeds 800Mhz
Old 08-15-2005, 05:21 PM
LandSharkGT

Got My Spectrum DSM 2.4Ghz today for my Ko Propo EX-1 Mars radio and it is awsome ! All my little RF glitches from all the aluminum went right away! The servos no longer jitter while the RC just sits idle. I had the neighbor kid get his Nikko RC out and no effect to my RC! WooHoo! I am so stoked and loving it! It is like getting a whole new radio again, kinda like X-mas all over ! I like the fact that my antenna on the Tx is short and out of my view. The antenna on the RC is short too and easily put out of harms way. I'll be getting more Rx's for my other RC's thats for sure and getting rid of all my AM & FM stuff. Just cant wait to afford to switch it all!