Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Stock rado Vs After market radio

Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock rado Vs After market radio

I have two revos both are useing the same channel ... I thought about upgrade to newer radio ..I`m not for sure what features should i look for in newer radio...
Old 08-26-2005, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stock rado Vs After market radio

At the very least I would consider a 3-channel 75MHz FM Transmitter--more frequency channels than a typical RTR with 6 AM frequency channels and it should have less glitching. I would also make a trip to the LHS and physically hold each transmitter just to make sure you like the feel of it. Then the pricing will probably affect your decision making processes, especially if you want to get into 2.4GHz though the DX3 is inexpensive and basically ships with the same servos as the JR XS3. There are also things like End Point adjustment, Dual Rate adjustments, servo reversing, built in fail safes, and so on.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:45 AM

I would also suggest a decent 3 channel FM. Your best choices are probably the Airtronics MX-3, Futaba 3PM and Hitec SRX. They are all feature rich, and aren't lacking anything you will need. They all have synth options too for a little more money. If you're looking at synth, add the JR XS3 to your list, it's a great radio too.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:04 PM

Also look at the 2.4Ghz systems, then you wont have to worry about channels, they do the work and finds a free channel automatically.

There is currently 3 systems.

Spektrum modules for Futaba, Hitec and a couple more of the Module based radios.
Nomad Sensor 2.4Ghz system with real time telemetry
Spektrum DX3 3 channel system.

Spektrum info can be found at: http://www.spektrumrc.com
Nomad Sensor info at: http://www.nomadio.net

I like my Nomad Sensor very much, and can only recommend it.
I have no experience with the Spektrum's

You can also find long threads here on RCuniverse on both the Spektrum, Nomad Sensor and the Spektrum DX3.