Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

need help with electronics

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 PM
racer5n
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with electronics

i have an older buggy.

when i turn it on the only thing that happens is the motor turns for a sec.

i have tried other batteries.

the servo doesn't move and the motor wont run with the transmitter.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i am new to electrics.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:42 AM
Mad Wax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help with electronics

Have you determined the receiver is working? Everything goes through that, and if it's faulty nothing will work (perhaps show a sign of life upon powerup and that's it)

Check crystals are ok and matching and connections are good, receiver/speed controller is getting power (battery pack and wires good, also check negative terminal of battery pack, and check/remove from the circuit switch) and nothing has pulled out. If that doesn't do anything best to take radio gear out.
Take out motor and test that on your bench. Does it work?
Take out servos and test with a servo tester (basically a potentiometer) If anything gear skipping, slop or springback chuck.Do they work?
Take out receiver and check crystals. Get another working transmitter with the same frequency and channel and see if the receiver works (with a tested motors & servos) Is there a stable signal? Any servo chatter? Range check?
Get another receiver with the same frequency & channel as your possibly broken transmitter and try that also.

Basically you need to do "fault finding" by testing each component, and then determining if they're faulty. If you have complete system and nothing works you can't really deterring the fault without some testing. Simplest method would be check the receiver channel outputs are sending any voltage, but really need to check everything before sending down the street.

Also check the speed controller.