Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Broken Receiver, Servo, or ESC?

Old 09-09-2005, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Receiver, Servo, or ESC?

I really dont know how stupid this question actually is because i dont know much about r/c cars so sorry if this is a horribly dumb question.

I bought a Tamiya TT-01 electric r/c car about a year and a half ago played with it for a little while and then my girlfriend stepped on the thing because i left it at the foot of the bed. I tried using it but it was dead so i jammed it in the closet and never bothered trying to fix it. Recently i took it out and decided to try fix it but ran into problems. It seemed like the only thing that broke was that the ON/OFF switch and the wires came out of the ESC. So i purchased a new one. the old one i had came with the radio i purchased which was a Futaba 2CH. The ESC says MC230CR or something like that. I bought the Tamiya equivalent and installed it but it goes crazy with it. Heres what happens:

When the ESC is plugged into the receiver along with the servo, the wheels go crazy. The motor runs and stops whenever it was and has nothing to do with me touching the trigger on my radio. Even with the wheels stopped or going, touching the trigger does nothing. But when i try steering the car there is absolutely no response. the servo doesnt budge. But when i remove the wiring from the servo to the receiver, i can control the stop and go perfectly. Why does my car do this? Is it my servo, receiver, or ESC? Keep in mind the ESC is the only new part on the car since the stepping on. SOrry for the essay and thanks for any help!!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:25 AM
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken Receiver, Servo, or ESC?

Isolate the problem by plugging the esc only into channel 1 and check it, then plug it into chanell 2 and check it with th trigger. Do the same with then with the steering servo.