Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spektrum DX3 DSM

Old 09-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX3 DSM

Hey, do any of you own one the Spektrum DX3 DSM remotes or know anything about them. I was thinking of getting one and from what i have read about them they sound very good.

P.S. I Won the championship at my local club in Bandbridge Northern ireland.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:11 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Spektrum DX3 DSM

The DX3 is frickin' awesome. I just picked one up about a month ago and replaced my Futaba 3PDF with it. You can definitely feel the difference with reaction time - it feels much faster. Also the radio is very ergonomical and feels good. It has all the features you really need and the fact that its on the Spektrum 2.4ghz band is very nice.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:46 PM

Only thing that you have to watch out for is sticking the battery pack in the reciever backwards(Negative on the right side, red on the left side). If you do, you'll fry your reciever. Secondly, our last trophy race........my antenna came un-attached from the reciever. It was a simple fix that only required some solder and superglue, but it did fry my engine from the high RPMs when the throttle hung WFO.(I superglued the antenna onto the hole of the reciever to prevent this from happening again.)

I love the radio and don't regret buying it. I just wanted to share some of my experiences with you so you don't make the same mistake. If I had to, I'd buy it again.

-Seann
Old 09-12-2005, 06:49 PM
1CE

i got mine a month ago, it was the best thing i could have ever done. If you have the cash get one.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:28 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: young lightning

Hey, do any of you own one the Spektrum DX3 DSM remotes or know anything about them. I was thinking of getting one and from what i have read about them they sound very good.

P.S. I Won the championship at my local club in Bandbridge Northern ireland.
I friggen love mine!! It is sooo nice to be able to turn your radio on and not have to worry about anything. Also not having to extend an antenna is also VERY nice.

It's definately a hit at my track as everyones always asking about it!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:00 AM

I got mine few weeks ago and I cant say anything bad about it. The only thing I can say I wish I had was exponential steering. other then that its great!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:11 AM

Without a doubt it is a revolution in the rc hobby. Everything will eventually go to this technology. FM and AM have been made obsolete.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick question for you DMS users...

I like to keep my switch in the circuit, so I don't get battery drain from interference when I'm not using the buggy...I suppose that with DSM, you can leave the battery plugged into the receiver all the time, since there's no interference, and therefore no drain on the battery while the transmitter is off, eliminating the need for a switch?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Quick question for you DMS users...

I like to keep my switch in the circuit, so I don't get battery drain from interference when I'm not using the buggy...I suppose that with DSM, you can leave the battery plugged into the receiver all the time, since there's no interference, and therefore no drain on the battery while the transmitter is off, eliminating the need for a switch?
???
What do you mean? Battery drain from interference...?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I leave the battery plugged into the receiver directly instead of using the switch, and someone living nearby using the same frequency decides to take their car out for a spin, my servos will be going crazy, draining the battery, similarly, my PC tends to have a mild interfering effect on my radio gear, glitching etc...anyway, the point is I prefer to keep my switch in the circuit for safety, etc...do you plug your battery in directly to your receiver, and if so, do you open the receiver box every time to disconnect it?

Oh, sod it, never mind, I'll work it out myself when I get the DSM system...it's not important anyway...[&:]
Old 09-13-2005, 12:03 PM

If you use digital servos they will drain the battery. But I don't see any reason to let the power be on when you don't use the car. If there is some kind of interference it could damage the servos.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 PM

I think i'll get one of those remotes but i'll get my dad to buy it.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:53 PM

Exactly how I think Lightning!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:43 PM

If you want the best don't buy the spektrum transmitter, it doesn't have all the features as the high end radios, like throttle curve etc. Buy a m11, ko propo, jr r1 or z1, and buy the spektrum kit for these transmitters, that way you will have more options to use.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:02 PM

if you leave the battery plugged directly into the receiver your not running an on/off switch and the car will be on. Therefore yes it will drain the battery.

Also, if you leave the car on without the radio on you'll fry the receiver. I'm not sure why but I've heard a couple guys did this my mistake and had to buy a new receiver.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:24 PM

Totomaxx, My dad slipped the spektrum remote under my bed and told me not to tell my mum. it was a present for winning the championship at my local club.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 PM

Lucky, my dad is putting a hold on RC, for now. And don't see one coming anytime soon.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:12 AM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: rolandh21

If you want the best don't buy the spektrum transmitter, it doesn't have all the features as the high end radios, like throttle curve etc. Buy a m11, ko propo, jr r1 or z1, and buy the spektrum kit for these transmitters, that way you will have more options to use.
Thats just it, the DX3 isnt the best nor is it trying!! It's a 200dollar entry level 2.4ghz radio, thats perfecet from entry to intermediate level racers!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:04 AM

Yeah if you leave the battery plugged in the Rx is still on so it will drain the battery just like any other system. In fact if you have the built in failsafe set, like I do, to full brakes it will drain it real fast since the brakes will be applied while the Rx searches for a signal.

As for the radio its just an old model JR with very few features. I bought the Hitec SRX for $100, which has tons more features, and then bought the module/Rx combo for $159. So for $259 I got a much better radio with all the features you really need and the Spektrum system. I liked it so much I bought a couple more Rx's for other cars. Now I can use one radio for 10 cars without worrying about Freq's. I love it.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:14 PM

Hi, Is this a good radio for bashers? I dont really race at all.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:59 PM
1CE

i would say so...it is really fast and makes your buggy very responsive. If you got the cash why not?
Old 10-02-2005, 07:28 PM

hey, i'm buying a Mayhem pro, but i was wondering if this would be a good radio for racing, im coming from a traxxas tq radio, so im not coming from much lol....help would be appreciated
Old 10-02-2005, 08:01 PM

and also, is there anything else that i would need to buy for the spektrum system to work
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: crapzilla18

and also, is there anything else that i would need to buy for the spektrum system to work
The spektrum DX3 systems you dont need nothing more....Of couse, you need the battery.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:51 PM

i know ima sound stupid, but what type of battery should i get, ive only wotked with tq radio systems that run on double a batterys... help is appreciated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.