Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

JR XS3 TX Pack

Old 01-04-2006, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XS3 TX Pack

I want a transmitter pack to use with my new JR XS3 so that I don't have to continually buy alkalines, and I would like it to be a pack as opposed to loose cells. I found this one: [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRPB958]JR TX Pack[/link]. But I want NIMH and a higher capacity.

A couple of questions. Could I use a normal 8-cell pack and somehow adapt it to the XS3, or could I possibly build one myself? I like the second idea a lot and then I could use whatever cells I wanted. I would need to find that end connector though to make it work in the XS3.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-04-2006, 11:59 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR XS3 TX Pack

i'm using 2500mah rechargables in mine. all you need to get is part#jrpc221 for a charger.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:20 PM

Are you using NIMH? I can't find any specs on that charger as in whether it works with NIMH and if it will automatically cut-off. Also what cells are you using? Can you provide a link to them?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

You can put the batteris in the same cell holder or make your own pack and add the connector to match the Radio if the radio has a connector. Batteries are $16 @ WALMART 2500 NIMH AA. Buy the JR 222 charger. It has a higher charge rate than the 221 charger.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:09 PM

The TX pack you linked I have 2 of them run them in my 3lxi and my XS3. I I get plenty of life from them, I charge them with my hobbico accu-cycle elite.

Remember the JR TX plug is reverse polarity from all TX's on the market so if you use a banana style charger like mine the TX banana plugs must be JR specific. I have another plug for my Futaba TX.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:43 PM

If you are willing to pay shipping from canada I can send you a holder that came from an old TX pack ( Futaba, but it's the same connector ).

There is a small crack where the pencil is pointing, can be fixed easy with CA.

Max
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51809.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	381889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv67228.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	381890