Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Searching for servo improver!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:15 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for servo improver!

I fly giant scale aerobatic airplanes and often use the Seiko PS050 servo on rudder. This servo is not perfect out of the box. Centering and in some cases end points varies a bit from start up to later in flight. I've been told that some large scale RC car guys use these servos, but "car-arice" the servo, meaning they perform an upgrade to the servo, making it more precise. I would love to locate such a person, locally (Southern California) if possible.

If anybody can give me any leads, I welcome them very much.

DKjens
Old 01-12-2006, 02:53 PM
JRexA

Default RE: Searching for servo improver!

The Seiko PS050 is better known as the Tonegawa PS050

The only one I knows of that tunes those servos are Ian Oddie. http://www.oddified.com but He is located in UK.

Ian Oddie is the current 1/5 world champion, and has lots of other tittles. He should also be one of the best tuners of Zenoah engines around, which He tunes both for on road, off road and Heli applications.
He has among other things designed an advanced ECU module for the Zenoah series of engines, that takes its power from the magnetic ignition, and is legal for some types of racing.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:44 PM
DKjens

Wow Jesper,
Groenland var nok det sidste sted jeg ventede at faa svar fra ha ha. Tak skal du ha', jeg vil proeve at ringe til dem naeste uge, hvis jeg finder et tlf nummer. Hvis de, for en rimelig pris, kan faa den servo til at centrere bedre, saa kan jeg naesten garantere en masse arbejde for dem. Servoen paa 12V (3 cell Li-Ion) er snilt hurtig og staerk nok for os.

Haaber ikke du fryser ihjel i Nuuk, jeg kan se I har omkring 15F/-10C i oejeblikket. Jeg koerer til Phoenix, AZ imorgen og henter min trailer, det er lidt andre temperaturer her, heldigvis. Jeg vil ellers utroligt gerne besoege Groenland en dag.

DKjens
Old 01-16-2006, 06:28 PM
JRexA

Hej Jens.

Ja, jeg havde en stærk formodning om at du er dansker
Det er nu fedt her i Grønland, masser af sne, masser af jagt, koldt, men tørt, så kulden føles ikke så hård. Og det er så koldt, at man ikke springer den gode påklædning over.... (PM if you want more in Danish)

I hope that Oddified can help you. I was looking at their ECU unit, that according to some sources should offer up to 1hk more power in a Zenoah 26cc engine.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:59 AM
DKjens

Jesper,

I've had contact with Oddfied via email. They recommend that I cut some cooling slots in the servo case. Apparently heat is the reason for deviation in the centering.

Well, you can have your climate he he, I rather like 80 - 110F as long as it's a dry heat, which it is here in California and Arizona, where I go some times. Thanks much for your help.

DKjens