Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Airtronics M-11 questions

Old 01-23-2006, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics M-11 questions

Im pretty much a n00b to the whole RC thing when i was around 14 i had an RC-10 and a JRX-2 and a clodbuster but i dont think i ever got any of them to run more then 3 runs each before i gave up and went on to another hobby. Now im 30 and got back into it after driving my neighbors t-maxx and it was fun as hell.

I bought the M-11 for a couple of reasons i have 5 cars right now (t-Maxx, HPI RS4 3, Associated TC4, Losi Mini LST, HPI micro) and i know im going to have more (OFNA buggy and HPI Savage probably next) and i wanted the multiple model memory so i could have one radio instead of one for every car. I also went with the Spektrum system and bought a reciever for each car so i could just switch model numbers and be ready to go.

So far all i can do with this radio is enter the model number and change models and adjust throttle and steering trim. The thing has like 30 buttons all over it and then all this crap on the LCD screen that is completely greek to me. Now by this time i obviously know im in way over my head with this radio but being a System management analyst for a company with over 10,000 workstations i control on a daily basis i figure if i can run a 10,000 node network i can figure out this damn radio.

Is there anything out there i can read that will go in depth with me on what most of this stuff is and how to set it up and what i want to do with it? Im having a blast with this stuff and i think this would just add to it.

Some examples of problems ive had My mini -LST i hooked it up and everything was backwards..... I found the setting on the radio to reverse everything and its working fine now (that little thing is a blast!) My T-Maxx has no reverse and i cant figure out how to get it to work. When i first hooked it up the truck would only go in reverse but i kept hitting buttons and i think i might have even unplugged the reverse and now it works right but obviously i wanna hook up the reverse.

Any links or tips and tricks anyone could provide me i would really appreciate i am having a blast learning all this stuff and im determined not to give up i just need to get this radio figured out and ill be good to go.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM

Default RE: Airtronics M-11 questions

first off nice collection. second off most radios these days just requiere a lot of trial and error. id start by reading the manual top to bottom. to me it sounds like most of your problems are associated with your servo reverse positions and your epa (in the case of your t-maxx. on to the servo reversing. one menu should say rev or something like that. in that menu there should be a list of 3 to 4 servos, steering(ch1), throttle(ch2), aux(ch3) make sure that they are all in the normal position, then try your car if it turns right when you turn left then simpally reverse the steering servo in that rev menu (change it from normal to rev). now on to epa (end point adjustment). your radios epa will allow you to adjust how much throw your servo has for instance if your t-maxx will not go into reverse then rase the epa on the aux servo then see if it will then shift. finally we have d/r (dual rate). dual rate is similar to epa but its only for steering . ill just make this one really simple. if your car spins out a lot lower your d/r this will give your car less steering both left and right. vice versa for too little steering
Old 01-23-2006, 01:47 PM

Thanks man that alone answers some major questions i had about the radio now i can go home tonight and have some fun messing with it.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:57 PM

I have one, and basically I started at page 1 in the manual and played with every single setting in it, setting them too high and too low and seeing what the effect was. That helped me get everyting dialed in.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 PM

Hi everyone
I have a m-11 with the spektrum dsm system in it.I have read my manual many times but i can not see a difference of the expo and the arc.I read it and the direction seems to say the same thing.So i was wondering if anyone could point that out for me.Thanks in advance
Old 02-16-2006, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ace007

Hi everyone
I have a m-11 with the spektrum dsm system in it.I have read my manual many times but i can not see a difference of the expo and the arc.I read it and the direction seems to say the same thing.So i was wondering if anyone could point that out for me.Thanks in advance
the ARC- adjustable rate control allows you to set the point where you will feel the an affect. say you set the point at 50% for left steering. That means when you turn the wheel approximately 50% left then you will feel the change in steering. It might go from little steering to high amount of steering. By playing around with where the steering point is, you can adjust how the car behaves taking corners or especially hairpins.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:31 AM

Thanks livthemoment that makes sense.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I'm having basically the same problem you are. It looks to me like the M-11 has steering, throttle, and two brake channels. I can't find in the manual where you can program it to make the 3rd channel an aux on off channel. I will be reading the manual tonight but if you figure it out, post how you did it.

Eric.