Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Which of these 2 servos for truggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Which of these 2 servos for truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:24 PM
crazycd1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which of these 2 servos for truggy?

I have a LSP-R and I am looking at one of these 2 servos. First is the hitech 5955 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXHZS0&P=K and second is the Airtronics 94258z http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXTT13&P=K
I like the specs on both, just wondering which is the most reliable of the 2? I hear good and bad about both the more I look.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
mgtman

Default RE: Which of these 2 servos for truggy?

the hitech has crazy torque at 6 volts over 300 oz but its about .15 the airtronics is a little faster .10 but 200oz which is more then seficient and might be a lot easier on your servo savor so imo airtronics
Old 01-25-2006, 09:09 PM
ugapug

The Hitec is MUCH faster than the listed specs. I've been using it in my X1-CRT and it is lightning fast. Considering my driving style, it's darn near bulletproof too.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Infinite Gundam

My vote goes to 5955, I am using it for steering on my emaxx and it works great.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:19 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

It's not that the Hitec is faster than the Specs listed, its that the Airtronics is slower.. (no really!) So if you base the speed off Airtronics ratings then drop .03 off the Hitec specs. FOr example our 945MG which is rated at 0.13@ 180in/oz tested exactly the same as the Air't 358 for speed and torque. So I guess as long as we're at it add another 20in/oz of toque to the Hitec for a fair comparison as well. The discrepency is because Airtronics rates their servos with a fully charged 5 cell pack (6.75V) plus 10%, where Hitec uses 6V even with zero adjustment. We used to add 10% in the past too, but all Hitec specs now are actual. So when it comes to comparing spec from different manufacturers, you can't alsways go by the numbers. We have found that JR and Futaba specs are similar to ours though... it's just Airtronics that are way off... especially the speed.

FYI: The Hitec servo has a curcuit built in that prevents the servo from overloading by reducing the current as needed. However, I have never heard of anyone that noticed a drop in performance due to this. The heatsink case and Titanium gears really make a big difference but it's the instantanious torque immediately off center that is really noticable.. the hitec generates maximum torque at only 1 degree of travel; this makes the truck much more responsive than with an analog servo. Just ask anyone that has tried them!

Mike.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
crazycd1
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks everyone for the help, I am going with the 5955 for sure, ordering tonight!