Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Spektrum radio - can I use regular servos with the receiver?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spektrum radio - can I use regular servos with the receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:45 AM
robster94gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum radio - can I use regular servos with the receiver?

Hey all,

Well, I've pretty much given up on getting the stock radio to work without glitching in my Compagnucci gas car. There is interference being generated when I give it throttle, and both servos start twich like crazy. I've been able to get it to work by removing different metal to metal contacts, but I'm at the point now where I can't find anything else to tighten or remove, and the car is still undrivable.

I've looking at the Spektrum radios, as this seems to be the only solution, albeit an expensive one.

I wsa just wondering if regular servos work with the Spektrum receiver, or do you have to use Spektrum specific servos.

Thanks for your help,

Rob
Old 02-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Doahh

Default RE: Spektrum radio - can I use regular servos with the receiver?

any servo will work with the spektrum reciever
Old 02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
JRexA

Or go full tilt.. Go for the Nomadio Sensor http://www.nomadio.net , where you can program the system for Digital on one or 2 channels and analog servos on the remaining two channels... (4 channels total)

Then you also get the Telemetry system intergrated into the system, and not as an expensive add on with the Spectrum.
But OK, it is at least twice the price and at least four times the features, when compared to a Spektrum DX3, and more features are comming, when they upgrade the firmware on the Sensor system, without needing to buy a new radio.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:15 AM
robster94gt

Doah,
Thanks for info on the servos.

JR
Yep, that Nomadio seems like a really nice system, but more than I need. The only reason I'm getting the Spektrum is to eliminate the glitching so I can actually run my car. The telemetry would be awesome, but I'm just trying to get away with not having to spend too much. I'd be happy if the Spektrum has some sort of steering exponential so that that it's a little less sensitve near the middle and picks up the further you steer. I found that the lanes started to seem pretty narrow once the car got up to speed, so I just sort of back off the throttle. I got a new spektrum of ebay for around $187. Not the best price, but not the most expensive either.

Rob