Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Traxas Radio Gone Bad?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
RKM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxas Radio Gone Bad?????

About 2 Years ago I bought a T-Max 2.5 It comes with everything. I run it a hand full of times then park it. i had other projects going on. I was in the middle of building a garage. I didn't have space to work on this T-Max in my house. So the garage is pretty much done. I pull out my T-Max. I get new fuel. I fire it up, and begin to tune it. Well as I am making headway on the tune. the damn thing tears off full throttle. luckly it didn't get up to fast before it found its self on its top and ran the gas out of the line. This is where things get interesting. The throttle is pegged. Stuck in place. I turn off the survos and radio and I can move it back. I turn the car on and all is fine I hit the radio and it pegs the throttle again. I switched the servo wires around just to check and still the throttle spot on the reciever pegs out whatever servo is plugged into its spot. So I guess I have a bad radio? I dunno. any ideas. This stuff is like brand new. It just sat for 2 years....[>:][&o]
Old 03-17-2006, 07:41 AM
RKM

Default RE: Traxas Radio Gone Bad?????

Well I played with it again last night. Every time I turned the radio on it pegged the throttle. The funny thing is. I flipped the servo switch on the bottom of the radio. The servo pulled back the opposite way. Then I flipped it back the correct direction. Poof it stopped in its normal position. It works fine now......
Old 03-17-2006, 07:52 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Traxas Radio Gone Bad?????

I'd be a little scared to run that thing now.