Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

T3PK with Novak XXtra

Old 03-19-2006, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T3PK with Novak XXtra

I just bought the T3PK with the PK-FSM 75mhz module. My existing receivers are either JR (that came with my XS3) or the Novak XXtra. I was told that the T3PK system should work fine with any 75mhz receivers. Was I misled?

When turning on the T3PK the servos connected to the XXtra act like an initial signal is reaching them. But the throttle / Steering is unresponsive. I have tried the following servos with the receiver: Hitec, JR, Futaba, and KO. I have tried all 3 XXtra receivers I have. I have tried the 2 JR receivers I have.

I have read the T3PK manual and don't think I am missing anything, but who knows!

My next step is to contact the Technical Support for Futaba. With it being a Sunday they are closed. I was hoping maybe someone with more experience or knowledge might be able to help me understand what I am doing wrong. Or is it just simply a bad Transmitter / PK-FSM 75mhz module.

All receivers and servos work find with my JR XS3.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:00 PM

Default RE: T3PK with Novak XXtra

I should also Mention that I have the T3PK set to PPM. I am guessing that would be the first most logical response from someone.

Thanks again!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:52 AM

The JR receivers won't work with the Futaba Tx. Wrong phase shift. Your Xxtra will work however, it works for both. You just have to set the first digit on the Futaba/Hitek side of the dial (top)

Futaba and Hitec FM radios are compatible on one phase shift, and JR, Airtronics, KO, and Multiplex are compatible on the other.

Maybe you can get lucky and find someone to trade your JR recievers for Novak Xxtras?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:48 PM

>>Your Xxtra will work however, it works for both. You just have to set the first digit on the Futaba/Hitek side of the dial (top)

I am not understanding what you are telling me. Please forgive my ignorance. Are you talking about setting the frequency? Or are you talking about a dial on the futaba TX itself that needs to be set? I guess I am just a little slow. Again please forgive my ingnorance. I really appreciate the response, I am just not understanding what you are telling me to do.

Thanks again!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:50 PM

Nevermind. I got it. Seems simple enough to understand. Thanks again for the help. I set the receiver to the 6 7 8 9 on the Hitec / Futaba side like you said, and it worked just fine.

Sorry for the stupid question!

My problem is fixed!