Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
M11
11.76%
M8
1.96%
3PK
17.65%
3PKS
19.61%
Aggressor CRX
1.96%
Aggressor SRX
5.88%
3PJ
0%
MX-3
1.96%
EX-10 Helios
3.92%
Other
35.29%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

What Radio system to get?

Old 08-17-2006, 10:17 PM
noximus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Radio system to get?

ORIGINAL: rsilvers

ORIGINAL: noximus

like i said, its the best way to go, the spektrum DX3 costs around 249 dollars, i would any day of the week pay the extra 25 bucks to get the nomadio hands down!
Thanks for pointing out that deal. The DX3 comes with two servos and two receivers for $249 but the telemetry display is extra.

The Nomadio has the telemetry display but $110 for a second transceiver and still no servos.

So the Nomadio is about $50 to $100 more if you match up equal systems. That is a lot better than when I thought you had to spend $450 on it.

I have no idea which is better but seems like the Spektrum is much more in the field.
i will tell you right now, the servos that come WITH the DX3 are pretty much worthless, they got tossed in the trash within a week. i went off and brought me 3 94358 Airtronic servos, it was night and day.

again, the DX3 is not ideal, the only thing that is usuable with the DX3 is its receiver and radio transmitter. with the nomadio, you get a whole lot more if you want to compare radio to radio and receiver to receiver.

those servos that come with the DX3 are servos basicly to hype up sales. they might be OK if you race electric, 10th scale, but for buggy's, MT's, truggy's, those servos will only but last so long and you will find yourself buying servos regardless.

i am honestly regreting buying the DX3. if i can do it all over again, nomadio would have been it for sure. now i will have to wait 4 months till i am done buying my new truggy kit (priorites). it just sucks i have to put something like that on the back burner.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:13 AM
rsilvers

Yeah, the servos are nothing special. The high-torque one does have metal gears and is marginally better than the servo that came with my RTR Emaxx.

I am very interested in the next version of Nomadio. As for the DX3, it does have low-end features. One Spektrum option is an M11 radio with a module for $240 more than the DX3 (once you buy the second receiver for the module) and this is if you throw the servos from the Dx3 in the trash. If I Had an M8 that it would be a no-brainer. A $150 eBay M8 is another option though that is only $100 less than a new M11 package so I don't think I would risk someone's used eBay M8 just to save $100 of a new M11 system. So I figure a used M8 is only worth it for $100 at best.

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id/139

Old 08-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Nomadio_Sales

There are also low price 2.4GHz radios due out before Christmas from a few friends in the industry.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:15 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I guess I'll give the lower priced Sensor a try. I'm pretty sure it will blow DX2 and DX3 out of the water especially since Sensor is designed from the ground up as a 2.4GHz system. But I'm still keeping my eye out on the corrent Sensor especially with the 4th channel upgrade and the updated transceiver.

By the way (this may be a silly question, but I must know), can Sensor be bound to multiple transceivers in the same manner as Spectrum transmitters are bound to multiple receivers? If there is a link, post, or thread dedicated to this, please point it out for me. I did'nt hame much luck looking under RCU's search engine.