Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

newbie 3PK servo questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 03:59 AM
low_blow_joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie 3PK servo questions

Hi people.. i just got a used 3PK from a friend. It comes with a r203hf reciever and 2xS9451 servos. he used it on his 1/10 rc car. I intend to use this system on my hyper 7 buggy. I read in the manual that i can only use digital servos for this receiver setup. I'm shocked to find the price of the servos, they are very expensive (S9451). Is there other cheaper solutions? Any cheap hi torque digital servos that u guys can recommend me? Any good recommendations of digital serovs that can withstand the offroad abuse 1/8 buggy? How about these? TOWER PRO MG-995 [link=http://www.skyhobbies.com.sg/servos.htm]servo link[/link]
Old 10-21-2006, 04:43 AM
rcxboy

Default RE: newbie 3PK servo questions

Umm, digital servos are only required for HRS (high response).
Old 10-21-2006, 04:52 AM
low_blow_joe

Hmm digital servos only for HRS? ok.. so if i want to use normal analogue servos, i need to change my receiver right? How bout the the Tx module?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Doahh

nope no need to change the TX module... the reciever I have no idea but for the TX theres a menu somewhere that lets you change PCM PPM and HRS
Old 10-21-2006, 03:14 PM
mav67

Actually I think the Receiver you are using supports HRS only. If that's correct, then yes you WILL need digital servos.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Infinite Gundam

I think mav is right. According to the 3PK manual, digital servos must be used with the HRS receiver, unlike the new R303FHS which supports both PPM and HRS. As for digital servos, try looking at the Hitec digitals, they are the best value for money and they have the best digitals around.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:50 AM
low_blow_joe

ORIGINAL: Infinite Gundam

I think mav is right. According to the 3PK manual, digital servos must be used with the HRS receiver, unlike the new R303FHS which supports both PPM and HRS. As for digital servos, try looking at the Hitec digitals, they are the best value for money and they have the best digitals around.
ouh ok.. i just downloaded the manual, and cracked my head reading it. u guys are right. i will need digital servos for the r203hf receiver. hey gundam, can i use the new r303fhs receiver for my 3PK? i intend to use the HRS for my buggy and PPM for my Savage Xss. thanks for the tips guys..!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Infinite Gundam

Sure you can use the R303FHS with the 3PK.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:46 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Hitec 5646MG digitals are a great value; they make 140oz-in torque (more than the 645MG) and they only cost about $10 more the the 645MG. The 5645MG will cost about $50-$55. The drawback is this servo is slow and requires about .20sec to sweep through a 60degree arc.

Now, if you are willing to spend the same amount of money for a Futaba digital on a Hitec servo, get the HS5995TG! This servo is a monster that produces 333oz-in and turns a 60degree arc in .15sec! I bought one of these for $97 including S&H! My bashing eperience is now even more pleasant since this servo turns the wheels instantly and on command while my 5645MG struggled to turn the wheels.
WARNING: The 5995TG is a robot servo that has a 180degree operating arc. In your 3PK, reduce the left AND right EPA to %50 to bring it into the proper 90degree arc. Otherwise, your servo will just about rip itself out and walk away from your RC like a mud skipper.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:56 AM
low_blow_joe

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Hitec 5646MG digitals are a great value; they make 140oz-in torque (more than the 645MG) and they only cost about $10 more the the 645MG. The 5645MG will cost about $50-$55. The drawback is this servo is slow and requires about .20sec to sweep through a 60degree arc.

Now, if you are willing to spend the same amount of money for a Futaba digital on a Hitec servo, get the HS5995TG! This servo is a monster that produces 333oz-in and turns a 60degree arc in .15sec! I bought one of these for $97 including S&H! My bashing eperience is now even more pleasant since this servo turns the wheels instantly and on command while my 5645MG struggled to turn the wheels.
WARNING: The 5995TG is a robot servo that has a 180degree operating arc. In your 3PK, reduce the left AND right EPA to %50 to bring it into the proper 90degree arc. Otherwise, your servo will just about rip itself out and walk away from your RC like a mud skipper.
noted jim...thanks. i tink monsters do need alot of steering torque.. anyway, is it 90degrees or 60 gegrees for the steering??