Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 AM
ophirw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Hi dustin7837,
I appreciate your comments & will like to hear from whoever is willing to talk about his experience.
Before I decided on the Nomadio I have done some massive reading for about a month, I had to learn about what is out the at the 1st place since I have never bought a remote before, I used the simple ones that came with the trucks & then I had to decide which one of the available ones I want.
Right from the start the Nomadio stood up with all of their features & customer satisfaction. I have done some reading on the Spektrum in general & on the DX3S in particularly. I came to the conclusion that the Spektrum systems are low quality & have a very big chance of having problems, people have reported that the radio brakes easily & tends to have glitches in reception & low range, yes even the 2.4 GHz that is supposed to be immune to that problem. It seems that not all of the Spektrom’s have problems but a very high percentage of people report of problems.
I am aware of the fact that all companies have faulty products coming out of the assembly line such as 46u’s Nomadio transceiver & my best friend’s Futaba that crashed his car (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_68...tm.htm#6881022 this was due to a bad receiver combined with a wrong installation of a failsafe).
The Spektome DX3S has most of the React’s features but it does not have the SW option which I think is a big advantage for allot of reasons & in order to use telemetry you need to add a telemetry module & have two modules on your car insted of 1 tranceiver. since I have 1/5th scale trucks a slightly bigger receiver is ok. But as I already mentioned before the biggest reason I have decided not to go with the Spektrum is the glitch & range problems.
I will be glad to hear of any advice you might have on the React.

I am getting it this Friday, can’t wait
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you look back through the pages of this forum you will see a Nomadio representative assured all they where coming out with a micro RX. This is just one of the MANY promises that Nomadio made to me while considering the React that they dropped the ball on.

I mostly run 1/8 and 1/5 scale but do have a couple 1/16 I wish I could get a micro RX for like I was promised. Keep in mind the hobby end of Nomadio is just a side line and this part of there market could indeed be dropped any time. I do not have a Spectrum mini RX bound to my React but on some of my bashers do have a full size Spectrum bound to my React. But the speed is MUCH slower and you do not have all the options available as you do with a Nomadio RX.

ophirw Just bought another RX from DDM and got it for the A Main price. Make sure you get all the RX and sensors you what when available as you never when out of stock they will be available again!!!!!!! I have been know to wait over half a year. This is not good customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
46u

One other thing ophirw get a rubber band or a piece of tape to hold the battery cover on as it will keep falling off.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:25 AM
ophirw

I am aware of the fact that in the past year or so their customer service does not really exist, I hope that they will not drop the hobby line since they have been the ones pushing technology ahead in this hobby, I hope to see their controllers for planes & heli’s as well (I wonder what they will invent there).
I bought the React hoping it will all be ok & I will have a reliable system for many years to come without a need for support (chances for using Spektrum support is high). Since the React is so ahead of all the other radios with a reasonable price I have decided to take a chance on Nomadiom I will benefit a lot from it.
As for parts I got a full set of transceiver & telemetry for my 2 trucks, since it is still very expensive for me I did not get any spares, hope I will not need them.
46u thanks again for your advice!

I will get my system tomorrow, so exited
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 PM
46u

I would love to see Nomadio get back with it but I am sorry to say I do not think they will. It has just been to long and they have run off SO many customers. I wish I had a dollar for every one I know that gave up there React do to all the problems with Nomadio I probably could by a real hot engine for my Baja 5B SS![X(] I do not expect them coming out with anything new even in way of software. They did not even live up to what they promised me that persuaded me to buy the React. I hope they show me different and I can eat my words but I would just about bet my Baja against a donut things are not going to change any time soon. All Nomadio cares about is there government contracts which to a point I understand but how much money would they be making if they keep up with the hobby line? Guess only time will tell.

ophirw keep us posted how your radio systems works out and I do wish you all the best with it. If I can help I will do my best!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:00 AM
ophirw

Thanks 46u, I wish Nomadio personal will read this thread & others just so they can see how much they have disappointed their customers & how after 5 years in the market their products are still with the advantage.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM
46u

As I told you I just got a new RX and hope it is not like the one I got before that was bad out of the box. Will I contacted Scot at Nomadio about the out of the box NEW RX being bad and he said they would not pay shipping to them to check it out. I would have felt different if it was not bad out of the box but just paying that much and waiting FOR EVER for them to be in stock they should have at least been willing to pay the shipping!!!!! So I sent him the link to this thread and he acted like he did not care. Seems to be the the way most Nomadio representatives think. I guess they just do not care as they are still getting their pay check.

I am hopping to install my new Nomadio RX in my HPI Baja 5B SS tomorrow and if this one is bad maybe I need to take a road trip on my motorcycle and hand deliver it to them! LOL [X(]

ophirw do you run a remote fail safe kill switch? I have one and will be installing it with my new RX. Have been in the hobby for quite a while but this is my first 1/5 scale and there sure in nothing cheap about 1/5 scale but the fuel. LOL
Old 03-14-2009, 01:40 PM
46u

ophirw one VERY important thing I think I over looked. MAKE SURE you do not hook the battery up backwards in the TX as if you do it will fry the board. You would think with all the technology Namdio has they could have built in a safety feature like all or most of the other radio companies. I believe the only they would have to do is put a diode in the system. [X(]

Setting up my HPI Baja 5B SS as I type this.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:59 PM
ophirw

Just got my React & plugged it in the USB port for charging. it looks real nice.
I got:
React
2 Tranceivers
2 temp sensors
2 speed sensors
Aluminum case - my wife asked me what i need a cosmetics case for

I was supprized at the size of the tranceiver as I was expecting something bigger (reading one of the posts hear), dont get me wrong its not very small but it is smaller than what i have now & smaller than the cheap standard FM RX I have now.

46u, I just got 2 fail safe kill switches for my 1st time, i used a regular fail safe up to now. i have decided to get the 3rd channel kill switch after my freind (tom111) got one for his truck & it works very well + you don't have to stick your hand in to the body looking for the red button.

i sure hope that this time your RX will work properly. it really sucks to get a defective new product & especially when the support is crap but from what i have read Nomadio have fairly reliable products so i hope this will not repeat. I have checked the TX & it works (turns on & charges) but have yet to check the RX & sensors. hope all works well.

the 1st thing i did was connecting the battery & checking 10 times that i am doing it correctly, believe me i have not forgotten your advice on that! it is stupid they don't have some safety feature in it, all of the most simple electronics i know of have it.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
46u

Have my new RX and kill switch hooked up and ready to go. This time it looks like the new RX I got is OK I SURE HOPE SO!!!! The one I got before would loose its bind after you turn the TX off and then back on. I tried many times but it was just bad out of the box. Put another RX I had in one of my other vehicles and no problem so it had to be the NEW RX.

Thought the kill switch was going to be a problem to set up but not near as bad as many lead me to believe. I talked to MANY that where not running the kill switch and after reading about the BIG amounts of money they had to spend for repairs do to run a ways figured the kill switch is just cheap insurance.

I am just about ready to run for the first time my 5B SS after having it and up grading it for over 2 months. Now if the weather would just look beater! [] If I do not run it this weekend hopefully I will next.

If you have any problems let me know and I will try to help.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Faultor

I have been reading alot about this radio and it seems to be the cheapest 2.4ghz but the coolest radio system around almost to good to be true. i want to hook this up to my traxxas summit because i have a 1/8th scale brushless mamba monster combo in there and i have terrible range and it is super glitchy. Does anyone have experience in having this radio solving glitch problems? I assume i can program the third to lock the t-lock diffs and the fouth channel to shift between the high low transmission gears right? And my last question is the summit has two steering servos does the transceiver have two channel 1's or do i need to hook up a y splitter for the servo's? thanks for the info in advance
Old 03-18-2009, 07:14 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Faultor

I have been reading alot about this radio and it seems to be the cheapest 2.4ghz but the coolest radio system around almost to good to be true. i want to hook this up to my traxxas summit because i have a 1/8th scale brushless mamba monster combo in there and i have terrible range and it is super glitchy. Does anyone have experience in having this radio solving glitch problems? I assume i can program the third to lock the t-lock diffs and the fouth channel to shift between the high low transmission gears right? And my last question is the summit has two steering servos does the transceiver have two channel 1's or do i need to hook up a y splitter for the servo's? thanks for the info in advance
If you are running a AM or standard FM any 2.4GHz will solve any glitching problems. Have you read this thread as there is a LOT of pros and cons with the React. More so the support and availability of RX and sensors.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Faultor

yea i have been reading it and alot of forums are pretty bad on the customer service so that kinda makes me not want it. so the question now being new to the rc hobby what are some good other 2.4ghz 4 channel options around this price range to support the shifting and the T-Lock servos that i can check in to?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 PM
NitroVette

Just get the Futaba 3PKS 2.4g or even the Airtronics M11 2.4g, both great radios and parts and support are there. You won't have to worry about buying receivers for either system, they are readily available. When Nomadio was a regular on this forum they tried to sell me on the React, pretty much saying my Futaba was antiquated and that the React was state of the art. I agree that it is an impressive system but I would rather have my 3PKS or even my old 3PJS and no telemetry than a cheap feeling radio that has quality issues and NO support to speak of. The best thing I ever did was go with my gut and buy another Futaba instead of taking a chance on a company that could care less about their customers.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
NitroVette

Sorry you'd need a Futaba 4PK for four channel or the M11 2.4g, it is a four channel system and a great radio for the money.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Faultor

yea i been reading up on the airtronics M11 FHSS-2 and it seems that is the way to go now, and a semi local hobby shop has it for 210 out the door right now. So i am going to pick it up in the morning. Now I just need traxxas repair service to get on the ball and send me my truck back maybee i can play with it after a month of owning it already and barely using it.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:46 PM
NitroVette

Awesome radio for $210, you'll like it.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 AM
ophirw

OK, 2 weeks after I got the React I finally got a chance to sit down & install it on my 2 1/5 scale trucks.
I am very happy with the radio, it is a lot better than I expected. I have read in forums that it feels cheap & in this thread someone wrote that the Tranceiver is to big. Well the remote feel s a bit light but that is a good thing & it feels a lot better than the cheap Smartech remote I was using to date (although it doesn’t feel as if it can take a fall). The Tranceiver is 2/3 the size of the Smartech receiver so in general this is a very big improvement for me.

I charge the TX over night with the USB port since I have no other way to charge the pack, I have found out that the remote doesn’t fully charge the pack, it stops short of the full capacity & I need to keep pressing the + button to continue charging several times.
In order to solve this I am planning on getting a plastic 4 AA battery holder & use 2500Mah batteries with it & charge the AA batteries with my computer charger. It is very frustrating that Nomadio stop the warranty if you use a different pack.

Another problem I have is that the Nomadio SW does not recognize the React on my desktop but it does on the laptop (this might be since I have been having problems with the desktops registry), I have updated the Nomadio SW & the Reacts SW but every time I have tried to update the Tranceivers SW the program freezes. Did any of you encounter this problem or know how to fix it? I have tried the Nomadio support forum but it is down for three weeks now.

As for the Tach sensor, is the magnet strong enough to hold itself to a shaft or should I use glue to reinforce it? Where is the best place to put the speed sensor a wheel or a drive shaft?

My last problem I would like help on (46u you have done this a few weeks ago). I have installed new kill switches on my 2 trucks but I couldn’t figure out how to setup the 3rd channel as a on/off channel. On the kill switch there is a led light that illuminates when engine gets electricity but could not get it to work properly. When I setup the 3rd channel as throttle it works but when I set it up at Hold it doesn’t work. I read the manual but it doesn’t really explain how to do this sort of thing.
I would appreciate help on this matter or a referral to the page# or any other web page.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
46u

I agree that the TX does not feel cheap just light and I guess some that run a 1 hour main if there are is not tired from holding there TX they think it is cheap. I like a light TX.

I bought a 2500 pack made for my React which is much better then the stock 800 fro $16 shipped! http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?sid=1529231 I use this charger to charge it and all my batteries other then Lipo. The only LiPo I have right now are for my helicopters.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLD5&P=0

I have never had a problem down loading or up grading the soft ware in my RX or TX and in the first 3 moths of owning my React they had to replace it 3 times. [X(]

As far as the tack speed sensor I never ran one so I know very little about it.

I will PM you a link that I hope will help you set up your kill switch as if I post it the forum police with smack my hand AGAIN. When setting up the fail safe on the TX what every channel or channels you use you have to leave the TX on SET not hold. When setting my My PB switch and fail safe I make the throttle channel to apply the breaks. So on mine on the throttle and 3rd channel for the kill swith you have to set them to set and leave them on set and then set your fail safe mode. If you put it on hold this will not allow what ever channel you have hold on to do nothing when setting the fail safe mode. Pleas let me know if you get the link OK I am going to PM you shortly.

Dont you love the manual LOL The React has SO many features the manual is well over 100 pages. [X(]

If I can help let me know and I will try.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 AM
ophirw

Hi,

I need help from any of you with a React. I just got my Nomadio react a month ago with sensors & kill switch for my 2 MT.

The thing is that the failsafe kicks in every 20 seconds even when the truck is a few feet from me.
I checked the signal strength but I do not know which one of the bars is for the TX signal & which is the RX. the left bar is full & the right bar is usually around or under the bottom 3rd. when the fail safe kicks in the right bar is completely empty. I do not know if it means that the TX is week or the RX.

I use for the RX a 5 C cell 6V 4200mah pack which was fully charged & for the TX the 800mah 4.8V pack that came with the TX & it was fully charged (5.7V).

Can any body help me with this, I am really disappointed & dont understand what is wrong.

Another Q I have is in the TX menu under advanced there is the tranceiver option with Standard, Mini-RX & DSSS Beta. what should i chose for the Nomadio V2 RX?

Thanks

Ophir
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
UTE-RC

Need assistance please. I have the Nomadio Sensor. I have downloaded the latest software, connected the cable between pc and transmitter and turned on the transmitter. They will not connect and "talk" to each other. So I can't even register it. Please, what am I missing? Any support would be greatly appreciated. Are there any other good Nomadio Forums that are recommended? What has happened to their customer service? It really is a nice quality product and performs great.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:16 AM
ophirw

Hi UTE-RC,

you can try the Nomadio forum, it is currently down for some reason but you can reach it through http://www.nomadio.net/nom-react.html on the left there is a link to the support forum.

you can try writing an email to the support: [email protected] they have answered me once about a month ago but wasn't to helpful [:@]
Old 04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: UTE-RC

Need assistance please. I have the Nomadio Sensor. I have downloaded the latest software, connected the cable between pc and transmitter and turned on the transmitter. They will not connect and "talk" to each other. So I can't even register it. Please, what am I missing? Any support would be greatly appreciated. Are there any other good Nomadio Forums that are recommended? What has happened to their customer service? It really is a nice quality product and performs great.
Did you buy your radio new or used and if used did the person you bought it from register it? If so the person you bought it from will have to release the registration I do not have a sensor I have the React and do not turn the radio on when doing anything with it. Been a while since I up dated the software so not sure if the radio needs to be on or off but try it with the TX off.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: ophirw

Hi,

I need help from any of you with a React. I just got my Nomadio react a month ago with sensors & kill switch for my 2 MT.

The thing is that the failsafe kicks in every 20 seconds even when the truck is a few feet from me.
I checked the signal strength but I do not know which one of the bars is for the TX signal & which is the RX. the left bar is full & the right bar is usually around or under the bottom 3rd. when the fail safe kicks in the right bar is completely empty. I do not know if it means that the TX is week or the RX.

I use for the RX a 5 C cell 6V 4200mah pack which was fully charged & for the TX the 800mah 4.8V pack that came with the TX & it was fully charged (5.7V).

Can any body help me with this, I am really disappointed & dont understand what is wrong.

Another Q I have is in the TX menu under advanced there is the tranceiver option with Standard, Mini-RX & DSSS Beta. what should i chose for the Nomadio V2 RX?

Thanks

Ophir

You want to set your TX to Standard. The DSSS is for when using a Spekturm RX. Not sure what the Mini-RX is for might be that Nomadio had plains to make a min RX and deiced not to after telling me they where coming out with one which was one of the reasons I bought the React but have been lied to SO many times from Nomadio is is no surprise. [:@]

Make sure you do not put any more then 6 volts to your TX or you can fry the board in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is how I know. I use to use the charging jack on the TX to charge the battery and my voltage went up to 6.02 volts and my broad fried!!!!!! Talked to Scott at Nomadio and he even agreed that they should have never put a charging jack on the TX as many fry the board when charging there battery.

As far as the fail safe kicking in all the time sounds like maybe a bad connection or off on switch. Do you have a kill switch hooked in to it as well?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:15 AM
ophirw

When I charge the battery pack I don't do it through the jack in the TX just because of your & others experience with frying the board. I did find a simple transformer that has 6V & 300ma with the right jack but I have decided not to take a chance so when charging i take the pack out & connect it directly to the charger. it is not a delta volt charger so i have to be next to it all the time (I am looking into buying a used charger in Ebay since they are very expensive).

I do have a kill switch connected to the RX but it has never kicked in except for when I manually turn the engine off, I did think that the problem might be the on/off switch but haven't replaced it yet but still not sure that is the problem.
when turnning off the RX the left bar goes empty & the left bar flickers with the car symbol, when the failsafe kicks in it doesn't happen! what happens is that the right bare is empty (the TX) & there is an alarm. that made me think that the signal is week for some reason since it is always low & very often there is no signal at all.

46u, can you please write me the level of signal on your right bar with the battery voltage? & what is the signal level when you have 5V?

how does your react preform with the original pack? I ordered a new 2600mah pack but haven't got it yet & I hope that that is the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.