Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

If you have the kill switch hooked up and set up properly if the fail safe kicks in it should kill the engine. I have not used the stock pack for a while but when I did never had a problem and keep it for back up.

I will check my signal first chance I get. In your manual and on the so called Nomadio support forum tells you about your TX display. I have my fail safe set where it does not kick in till my TX voltage gets down to about 4.5 volts.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:17 AM
46u

I see the so called Nomadio help forums are still down which is no surprise. React good radio but poor service after the sales among other problems.[:@] You would think with all the high technical stuff they do for the government they could fix there Hobbies t help forum or does this just prove what they think about their hobbyist customers?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Steve.

Do a Google search on Nomadio, you will see where there have focused their efforts:

http://www.nomadio.net/AWE_WS_Data_sheet.pdf

I don't see Nomadio in the hobby business much longer, what they've done to their hobby customers is really pathetic. Guys like 46U chose Nomadio because of the technology, they took a chance on Nomadio's support and got burned. Sure it's awesome technology but what good is it when there's no firmware updates and you can't get sensors or receivers easily. If you don't think Spektrum or Futaba doesn't have the technology to provide USB support think again... they do but they know that providing access to the radio's firmware would be a logistical nightmare for their support teams.

Thank God for my Futaba 3PKS, even as it nears discontinuation it is still one of the best radios ever made. I like it so much I bought a second one !
Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 AM
46u

Maybe we all need to get together and talk to a lawyer about a class action law suite? The promises made on this thread shows Nomadio misleading statements and down out right lies. Wonder what the there government sales would look like then. Just hope they support there the government customers better then there hobbyist. [X(]

There number one concern has all ways been there other product's not the hobbyist. There company was not started with there hobby line but this is not a reason to turn there back on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]

I will not be surprised if in the next couple of years there are other companies making radios with as many features as the React. Not only is the firmware nice when they use to keep up with it but all so being able to hook up to your computer save your settings and being able to change any buttons to what ever function you want.

I go to MANY RC forums and preach the same thing and will keep doing so till Nomadio does something good or bad.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
UTE-RC

I believe my biggest problem was trying to use my Sensor on my Window Vista PC. I tried it on my other XP PC and it seemed to work ok. Now my only problem is the trigger has zero response and when I turn the wheel, it turns on the throttle. I have tried every setting to correct it and no go. All of my software is up to date. Oh yea, when I plug in the receiver to the base of the Sensor, the PC says it can't locate it. I have tried turning it off and on etc. to no avail. I purchased the Sensor from ebay and it is not officially registered with Nomadio. Is that the problem?[>:]
Old 04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
46u

I do not have the Sensor so not sure what the difference is other then I have read the React has much more memory and is why they came out with it and discontinued the Sensor. You do have the servos going to the proper location on the RX and are sure they are working properly? All so wondering if you have the soft keys set up properly and if it is possible to change the throttle and steering wheel? Strange what it is doing and hope you bought it from a authorized dealer. You can try and call Nomadio.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 46u

Maybe we all need to get together and talk to a lawyer about a class action law suite? The promises made on this thread shows Nomadio misleading statements and down out right lies. Wonder what the there government sales would look like then. Just hope they support there the government customers better then there hobbyist. [X(]

There number one concern has all ways been there other product's not the hobbyist. There company was not started with there hobby line but this is not a reason to turn there back on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]

I will not be surprised if in the next couple of years there are other companies making radios with as many features as the React. Not only is the firmware nice when they use to keep up with it but all so being able to hook up to your computer save your settings and being able to change any buttons to what ever function you want.

I go to MANY RC forums and preach the same thing and will keep doing so till Nomadio does something good or bad.

PREACH ON!!! i swear i saw this coming, i choose the 3PK over the SENSOR about 4 years ago thinking something like this would happen. The disclaimer clearly sayed that when under heavy goverment contracts there attention would be turned to the goverment. I dont rember the exact words but it was something along those lines. By the times the REACT came out tho i checked the disclaimer for that line again and it had bein removed.

Nomadio, You guys made a great radio BUT YOU GUYS SEROUSLY DROP THE BALL IN THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT DEPARMENT!!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:42 AM
46u

ophirw did you get your radio to work properly?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 PM
ophirw

I haven't really got a chance to really test it yet, I am behind with work [&o]

I did do a range test with a friend. I didn't start the engine & I used my 2nd RX with a different switch. The battery pack on the TX was 5.3V & the RX pack was nearly empty.
Turned on the TX & RX a feet from each other, the left signal bar was full & the right signal bar was only half full. I started walking away while moving the wheels back & forth until I reached about 240 feet (that was the max distance I had available at home). the failsafe never kicked in (it worked when I turned the TX off) & the RX was receiving my right & left steering signals.
while i was waking away the left signal bar was full all the time with a few 5% drops from time to time. on the right signal bar there was a complete different story, although the failsafe never kicked in the right signal bar declined to under a quarter in total & it totally disappeared from time to time without kicking in the fail safe.

my conclusion is that it might be the switch but I do want to do some more test since I find it funny that the right signal bar is always low.

Is the right signal bar the TX signal strength?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:14 PM
46u

Finally the Nomadio forum are back up and they have a thread about the display screen but the picture is no longer available which is no surprise. The manual is not much help on this one but if I am not mistaken.

The one to the left
Transmitter Signal Stregnth - Strength of signal put out by transmitter.
The one on the right
Transceiver Signal Strength - Strength of signal received from transceiver.
I rarely get a full bar on this one.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
ophirw

well now every thing is clear
I was under the impression that it is the other way round, the left bar for RX & the right bar for TX. the graphics are very confusing & there is nothing on this issue in the hand manual.

well I am releaved that is the same with my TX, I guess the problem is a faulty switch & probably the battery pack needs replacement.

thanks 46u, your where lots of help
Old 04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
46u

Sorry I am not 100% sure and the poor manual does not say and Nomadio s forum the picture is missing. Just normally Nomadio BS.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
ophirw

can you send me the link to the thread that has the discussion about the bars?
I found a thread in Nomadio support forum that says the right bar is the TX outgoing signal: http://support.nomadio.net/viewtopic...nal+bar+screen
any way they are talking in that thread about my problem exactly & it is probably because the TX & RX don't have the same FW version.

for some reason the Vista wont let me update the RX FW, I will try on an XP computer.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
46u

Here is the link but does not do much good as the picture is missing. All so if you notice on there forum when ever there is a real problem they say contact support which is just about ever thread. I vary well could be wrong as I rarely even look at those bars in the 2 years I have had mine. [X(]
http://support.nomadio.net/viewtopic.php?t=1485

Hope we do not get in trouble from the forum police for listing these links.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:43 PM
46u

If I read what is in the link you posted what I posted is correct. Sorry trying to do 3 things at once.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
ophirw

thanks for the help 46u.

in the thread talking about the screen theres a guy called CRSMP5 from truggyracers.com that might have the picture. I have registered to the forum but did not get access.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 PM
46u

Yes I see you posted a message about the picture right under my post! There is no reason why Nomadio does not do a better job of support and the main reason I no longer recommend a React to any one. At one time I probably help sell 10 or 15 of there radio systems and got a free RX and temperature sensor when they had there rewards program. Even after that I promoted there radio but no more. It is a real shame but as I do like the radio for the most part. Have thought many times about selling mine and getting something else like so many have.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 PM
46u

Did you notice that others have all so been asking to please fix or post the picture of the screen again in the thread as far back as Sept. 2008? Great customer support and this is on Nomadio so called help forum. [:'(]
Old 04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
46u

Not sure if it will do any good but I emailed Scott at Nomadio about the picture in their forum. Will see what happens but will not get my hopes up.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 AM
46u

ophirw You ever get your radio working properly? I see you have been on the so called Nomadio help forums and no thanks to Noamdio there are some end users trying to help. All so some one has posted the picture of the screen once again not thanks to Nomadio.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:46 AM
ophirw

Hi 46U

Finally my radio works!!!

yesterday was the 1st time I managed to run one of my trucks for an hour without any problems!!!

since I have managed to get everything working (after doing a lot of reading & trouble shooting) I have decided I will write all about my experience & problems with the solutions so new users will have some of the problems in one place & I will post it here & in the Nomadio React forum.

by the way I posted the picture in the Nomadio forum, I made it according to my understanding after reading some comments (like yours) & posted it so everyone will have it & that it could be validated by other users.

thanks for all your help!!! you where with me all along!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 AM
46u

ophirw I feel stupid as I should have noticed it was you that posted the picture. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] If Nomadio really cared and supported there customers it should have been done by one of there representatives long ago but if it where up to Nomadio to help others on THERE help forum there would not be any help at all. Just glade there are end users like you able and willing to help.
Thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 PM
ophirw

I think that the Nomadio radios are great, the best value for the money & I am very glad that I have bought it. we (Nomadio customers) are in an odd situation, on the one hand we love the product but on the other hand we have no support which makes it difficult to use.
that is why we must support each other & not let the product die.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:22 PM
UTE-RC

Hello all,

I have a Sensor and really like it. I have emailed Nomadio a couple of times recently and they have been very quick to respond. They were not of help in getting my Nomadio Desktop Software to work on Windows Vista. I tried the link and download from Texas Instruments website to get it to work, to no avail. I have to use my desktop pc that has xp. I am not too bright at this download fix and am confused. Can anyone give me the step by step instructions in "Nomadio for Dummies" language? Also, does anyone have some cool software pictures and sounds that can be downloaded on to the Sensor? Right now it is running perfectly and has incredible range. I suggested in my email to Nomadio that they take some of that money from their lucrative government contracts and hire a dedicated person for their rc clients. They did not respond to that suggestion. I am going to remain optomistic about Nomadio. It is an incredible product. J
Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
46u

The customer is not the one letting the React or Nomadio hobby line die it is Nomadio them selves. I wish I had a dollar for every EX Nomadio radio user I talked to do to the way they are doing as I would have enough to buy a NEW Futaba 4PK! [X(] I think it takes the lowest form of life to sell a product then have all most no support after the sale. I have seen more then one business die do to this.

With all the lies I have been told from Nomadio would not be surprised at all if there Hobby line was discontinued. Looking forward to what the other radio manufacturers do in the next couple of years as I am sure some will have all if not more features then the React has now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.