Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX3.0 glitching. Is this normal??

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spektrum DX3.0 glitching. Is this normal??

Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 PM
edgarp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX3.0 glitching. Is this normal??

I recently bought a Spektrum DX3.0 from Ebay. I am a new Spektrum user, so I would like to know from other Spektrum users if what I am seeing is normal.

If the transmitter is close to the receiver I find the servos often glitch. As soon as I am a few meters away the glitching goes away. Also this tends to be worse on new transmitter batteries or if the antenna of the car and the transmitter are in parallel as I approach the car.

It is a bit annoying as if I get close to the car to retune the engine etc, it can open the throttle (full throttle at times) and jump away from me. That is even holding the transmitter away at arms length.

I can work around this, but just wanted to know whether or not I have a problem, or if this is normal behaviour with the Spektrum DX3.0. If so, can other people using different models/brands of 2.4GHz radios let me know if they also behave the same. I never had this problem on my cheap Futaba radio that came with my Hyper 7 and am looking at what options I have.

Ed.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:38 PM
sajuuknightfall

Default RE: Spektrum DX3.0 glitching. Is this normal??

you should check the spektrum website under recalled there was something that some spektrum had problems with the atennna doing so also dont forget to set your fail safe.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:38 AM
IamDisaster

I recall reading that this is normal....believe it is in the FAQ on their website. The radio will cause interference when it gets too close to the car...the stronger the radio batteries...the stronger the signal...and therefore the worse it will be. I haven't set mine up yet but I'm concerned because I race on a small indoor track in the winter and the cars travel right under the antenna. I suspect I'll have to use another radio.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:44 PM
edgarp

I have looked on the Spektrum website and read stuff about the receiver shutting down sometimes but this was due to a problem with the routing of the antenna wire. I could not find the problem I described here, but maybe it is mentioned there and I missed it.

The fail safe is set properly and this is not the servos moving to the fail safe positions either. They sort of just go crazy and start moving randomly it seems.

One good thing is that if the car is rushing close past me it does not seem to play up. So it may not be a problem in the indoor track.

I bought this to add telemetry later on, but at the moment I'm building my own telemetry unit with 433mhz modules. So I could be using another radio now, but overall I'm still happy with it for what I need.