Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Fried JR Z9000T

Old 02-14-2007, 10:53 PM
pur3evil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fried JR Z9000T

Yep, as the title states, I somehow managed to fry my JR Z9000T steering servo today. Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with these servos, and what chance I have of getting it replaced. I've dispatched an e-mail to JR product support, but it says I will most likely not receive an answer for 48-72 hours.

This is the e-mail I sent (saves having to re-type it all):

Hello,

I recently purchased a Z9000T servo to use for steering on my Kyosho MP777 SP2 buggy. It's worked great the few time's I've been able to run my buggy, but today it became a $115 paperweight. It's barely seen any track-time, has not been abused, and has not gotten wet. I have the EPA on my radio adjusted conservatively (don't need full steering on my buggy), and I always set my servo-saver on the loose side. Not to mention, the servo was installed with the little rubber dampeners to isolate it from vibration.

The thing that has me confused is that it didn't even die in a crash. I was on the straightaway heading into the back turn of my local track, and it simply wouldn't turn. Went to check it out, and the servo appears to be frid. I verified that it was the servo itself, and not the receiver / wiring. I also opened the servo case to make sure it was not contaminated by dirt or moisture, and found no sign of either. I ended up installing a backup servo (Z590M), and that worked perfectly for the rest of the day.

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate my receipt or the original packaging the servo came in. It was purchased at Hobbytown USA in Boise, ID about 3 months ago. Is there any way I can send this servo in for repair work, or am I out of luck?
So, thoughts / feedback? Also, any idea what may have happened to it? I'm starting to wish I had bought the Hitec now... I know they're very good about customer support and product replacement. Haven't heard great things about JR, and I'm starting to worry.

Thanks,

-Howard
Old 02-18-2007, 01:37 AM
QuickCRT

Default RE: Fried JR Z9000T

That is a bummer!!! I have never had any problems with the higher end jr servos. I would think that a company like jr would help you out.
I don't really care for Hitec the servos are a much lesser grade of servo. BUT they have a good warranty. I have a 9000t in both my buggy
and truggy no problems at all. went through 2 hitec servos in my truggy before i got the 9000t.

Hope jr helps you out. but if not try horizon hobbies they are a jr distributor.

tony
Old 02-19-2007, 08:31 PM
pur3evil

Default RE: Fried JR Z9000T

I got an e-mail on Thursday from someone at JR saying they'd be happy to take a look at it. So, I will be shipping it out tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

I got a nice little bonus last week, so I bought a Hitec HS-5955. We'll see how that compares to the Z9000T. I'll just keep one of them as a backup, assuming JR can either repair or replace my burnt servo.

Thanks,

-Howard