Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Steering servo clicking

Old 03-26-2003, 02:06 PM
mike_evader2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering servo clicking

At racing last night, started hearing some clicking in my servo . Now, it has gotten a lot worse. I have checked all of the gears, and they are fine. This seems to be the death of many offroad steering servos. Does anyone know what is wrong ?
Old 04-07-2003, 03:51 AM
trinityiluth
My Feedback: (1)

regardless what the gears look like they are plastic and will strip if too many boards are hit.they might look fine.but the teeth might be at an angle now. ihave this happen to several times ran offroad for 9 yrs.change the servo!
hope this helps
Old 04-07-2003, 04:13 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing it can be is the gears, IMO. They may loo fine but at least on of them is damaged. Do you have servo saver on the vehicle or servo?
Old 04-16-2003, 06:38 PM
mattyk6

Same thing happened to me last week, the gears inside the servo stripped. This was the stock Traxxas servo, is seems that they could have put more support underneath one of the gears so that it would tilt out. Oh well.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:55 AM
WhiskyVR-4

I don't know about the MG servos, I've never had a gear problem with them, only electrical problems, but with plastic gear servos you can typically replace the whole gear set for under $5. Thats a heck of a lot better than replacing the whole servo, and you can be totally sure that the gears are good, so if the clicking remains, its something else in the servo.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:51 PM
rpnick

Just replace the gears w/ metal ones now. You will save in the long run for sure. Most servos w/ stock plastic have a metal set available too so you won't have to replace the entire servo. Price around here is $5 or so.