Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Receiver antenna length

Old 11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
The13bats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver antenna length

Greetings,
I have a questions seems everyone has a different answer,
In this case the radio is an 75 FM Futabu 3 channel,
On the receiver what is the antenna length from the inside solder to the end?
Seems mine has lost maybe an inch or less, some people will say dont worry about it others will say it's worth .25 cents of wire to be safe,
Thanks
P.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 AM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Receiver antenna length

An inch, even a few, won't make the least bit of difference. These radios are designed to transmit and receive a range of frequencies not one set frequency so the antennas have a length that reflects that. If you feel that you are experencing glitching or loss of range or control since your's was shortened then replace it. It' easy and cheap to do.
Most rx antennas are in the 39" - 42" range or they can be 1/2 that in the 21" range. I think my JR's are right at 21". You can buy replacement antennas from any LHS or on line at places like Tower. They are usually sold in lengths of 1000mm or 1100mm, which is 39" - 42" or so. The usually run less than $2.