Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

I LOVE Spektrum! Go Spektrum!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I LOVE Spektrum! Go Spektrum!

I love Spektrum, but not for the reason you might think. I love it because everyone is dumping their killer synthesized FM radio gear for next to nothing to upgrade to Spektrum. In my opinion a high end FM radio is as good as if not better then my skills and my reaction time. Another way to put it- my FM radio is not holding back my track performance. I am holding back my track performance. The radio has nothing to do with it. Also, with so many Spektrum drivers, getting any 75MHz channel at the track is easy now! Most if not all are available!

Granted some people need Spektrum, but a number of people are upgrading because it's the hot thing- not because they need it.

I picked up an Airtronics M8 75MHz with the Novak Synthesized switch module and 7 synthesized Novak XXXTRA receivers for $225!!! The stuff is 1 year old and in near perfect shape. The driver went to Spektrum. This stuff new was at least $600. I paid $20/receiver, $30/switch module and $75 for the radio.

And when the first gen Spektrum stuff drops in cost for the next gen Spektrum then I will get the 2.4 Spectrum module for the M8 and 2.4 Spektrum receivers cheap.

If anyone is dealing with crystals or cheap RTR AM radios, this is the time to upgrade to FM synthesized.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 AM
kg2mb

Default RE: I LOVE Spektrum! Go Spektrum!

I got spektrum because fm interference issues and no waiting for open channel,no
glitching.But if i didnt have glitching/emf problems then i would still have my 3pm
or hitec fm.rc
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM
wulfgang

I think you missed the point of 2.4 GHz entirely.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:30 PM
SManMTB

Nothing wrong with 75MHz, never was and never will be anything wrong with it.
Good move to get cheap Tx and Rx combos.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
wulfgang

There are plenty of things wrong with 75 MHz. That's like saying there's nothing wrong with riding horses to work. 2.4 GHz isn't perfect either and will probably someday be superceded by yet another technology that is, again, not perfect.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:19 PM
SManMTB

I disagree.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 PM
wulfgang

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

I disagree.
That's ok. Everyone is entitled to have a wrong opinion.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 PM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: wulfgang

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

I disagree.
That's ok. Everyone is entitled to have a wrong opinion.

Yeah whatever dude. It must have been pure hell to be in RC 10-20 years ago with all glitching and poor radio equipment.... oh wait, I don't remember it that way. Hmmm could it possibly be user error most of the times something went wrong.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
kg2mb

I missed the point?
Im praising my spektrum for no glitches/interference problems....
i need something other than 75mhz, not because its the hot thing like dale stated.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

My point is that Synthesized late model FM equipment is going for SUPER cheap and is FAR and BEYOND superior to 27/75MHz AM RTR and even most FM RTR radio gear. FAR SUPERIOR. People who have the AM/FM RTR stuff can ditch it for superior FM synthesized radio gear for very cheap right now. For years of running at a track, interference has never been my undoing- my undoing is 90% my driving inabilities and 10% other drivers inabilities.

Of course 2.4GHz is better and more glitch free with faster response. That isn't the argument. The argument I posed is that some people go to Spectrum that probably don't need it just to have the latest and greatest. Some do need it, like in kg2mb's case.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:26 AM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble
Another way to put it- my FM radio is not holding back my track performance. I am holding back my track performance. The radio has nothing to do with it.
Don't put that idea in peoples head, I mean something other than the skills can't be holding anyone back. Why else would we need the NEW radio, engine , car , servo, batterys .... Its how all these companys stay in business.

On a serious note. I checked the prices of a JR-R1 radio on Ebay it includes 4 receivers the case and a few crystals current bid is $100. Well I bought my R1 new about 6 years ago and it is a $400 radio and the receivers went for around $80 so this deal on Ebay cost well over $600 just a guess, and is now selling for $100 give or take.