Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

[b]Battery and Charger Upgrade for Futaba 3PM?[/b]

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

[b]Battery and Charger Upgrade for Futaba 3PM?[/b]

Old 01-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [b]Battery and Charger Upgrade for Futaba 3PM?[/b]

Battery and Charger Upgrade for Futaba 3PM Radio System?
I am running a 1/10 Nitro Truck and just Bought a 1/8 Nitro Truggy. I already Know that I should Upgrade the steering servo for the Truggy. Not sure which servo to get though.

1.) My Pistol Grip Transmitter uses 8 AA cells. I want to upgrade to Rechargables. Futaba offers a NiCd battery (NT8F700B). Is this a good battery or can/should I get better?

2.) The Receiver Battery I have for the Truggy is a 6 volt rechargable Hump Pack NI-MH 1/2 A, 1100mAh, (5 cells). Can I Upgrade to increase Voltage? Would that be Bad for my servos? (Futaba S3003 for throttle and whatever I upgrade to for the Steering)

3.) Now I will need a Charger for the Batteries. Can I get one that will charge in LESS than 15 hours (Stock Futaba charger). Can someone recommend a good, fast charger. Preferably, one that will work well for an all electric Crawler that I have my eyes on. Lol...

I'm relatively New to the RC world and all this radio stuff is a little hard for me to wrap my head around. Help will be appreciated.
Thanks....
Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: [b]Battery and Charger Upgrade for Futaba 3PM?[/b]

I recommend the hobbico Elite for radio batts (it will also charge a large battery) sorry can't help with servos.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 PM
chrobar

Default RE: [b]Battery and Charger Upgrade for Futaba 3PM?[/b]

I just went all out and got a hitec 5955 servo. It's one of the best servos out on the market now, and customer service is outstanding. I built a receiver pack using regular AAs and it works great. It's 2600 mah, so either upgrade to a new pack or get a second one.