Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Duratrax intellispeed issues

Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 PM
86waterpumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax intellispeed issues

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have a old super blackfoot that I have run for quite some time, and finally the old mechanical speed control gave up and went out. I bought a intellispeed auto sport forward/ reverse esc I know these aren't the greatest but it's a basher and I didn't want to spend a ton on one. At any rate, I'm not having any luck even getting it to setup. I have tried it with both the stock AM futaba receiver/ and tx, plus a hpi fm rx/tx. The polarity is right on the motor wires, white on positive, blue on negative, the bec connector has to be right because it is keyed it is a futaba j style connector so I know that's not backwards. When I turn the tx on like the instructions say and then the esc power to on, the green light barely flickers and will go off, nothing ever gets warm or hot, but the light does not light up green, and it won't let me setup and give it the throttle settings etc. With the fm tx/rx I do get steering on channel 1 servo that works, but that just tells me the power is getting through the esc to the rx. If anybody has any clues on something to try I would appreciate it, I assume this is just a bad esc?