Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Noob ? when should I change batts in my transmitter?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Noob ? when should I change batts in my transmitter?

Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Ace Of Spades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob ? when should I change batts in my transmitter?

Im new to rc cars and was wondering at what voltage I should change batts in my Spektrum DX2 transmitter. I have a Losi 8ight RTR and I am going to race it this year and would hate to have my transmitter die on me in the middle of a race[]. Also does anyone know where I can find rechargable batts for the DX2? Thanks, Sean
Old 02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Noob ? when should I change batts in my transmitter?

You could just buy some 2700 mAH batteries off of eBay and throw them in the 8 cell pack, and then use a 9v charge lead to charge them. But if not, you could pay $80 and get a rechargeable LiPo (I'll post it at the bottom of this post).

But you shouldn't REALLY have to change the batteries until they get around 5V, the regulator inside of the DX series radios changes the voltage from whatever the input is, to 3.3v, so anything above 3.3v will let your radio work as if it had a full charge.

[link=http://www.ballisticbatteries.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=223446&InfoID=200&ShowLarge=True]Ballistic Batteries LiPo[/link]
Old 02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Ace Of Spades

Thanks for the info. I not quit ready for lipos yet but there in the future for sure. I need to buy a starter box and glow igniter first the ones that comes with the RTR 8ight suck. If I were to put 2700 nimh in my batt holder could I charge them with my Super Brain 960 through the charging port on the transmitter or would I have to charge them with a seperate charger? Also if I can what type of plug goes into the transmitter so I can make an adapter?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:39 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

On the DX2.0, they have an 8 cell battery pack, which you could charge using your Super Brain charger. You would need a 9v dean to connect to the battery tray.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Ace Of Spades

Cool, I thought I was going to have to charge them through the transmitter. I really wasnt comfortable doing that. Seems like if something went wrong during charging I could burn up my transmitter that would be bad. Im going to buy some 2700 Elites and a charging adapter from Cheap Batteries. Thanks for the advice. Sean
Old 02-23-2008, 07:56 PM
misasi

dont cheap out on batteries. i bought some generic 2600mah AA's on ebay and they dont even charge to 500mah. i ordered some 2700mah Sanyo AAs hopefully they are in soon.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:48 PM
UG0TB4NN3D

He was talking about CheapBatteries.com. :P

Or something like that, they have really good packs, and they're cheap.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Furadi

I just bought some rechargeable Energizers and a 10 min quick charger from walmart. Very satisfied with them.