Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo Advice for large scale car

Old 02-21-2008, 05:43 AM
cartoonwally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Advice for large scale car

Hey guys,
I'm custom building an RC car (more like a truck.... slightly larger than 1/4 scale). Its powered by 49cc engine and weighs probably 20->30kg.

Now the problem I'm having is that i can't find a servo powerful enough for the steering! I have a fully supported steering rack and just need the servo to steer it. The servo i have at the moment is 24kg @ 6V metal geared 60 deg in 0.15s etc etc, pretty good one. But i'm finding that this is struggling to steer it. Is there a way i can modify a servo to use a stronger motor, suggestions? Using two is pretty much out of the question with the setup i have...

Anyone know what i can do?
Thanks!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Servo Advice for large scale car

Oddified makes a modified Tonegawa large scale servo... http://www.oddified.com/services.php

http://www.tonegawaseiko.co.jp/pro/e_pro02.html - look at the hi speed one. 190kg. Oddified makes these servos even stronger and faster. The only issue is providing them with enough current.