Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Nomadio React 2.4 OR Airtronics M11 75MHz

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Nomadio React
62.50%
Airtronics M11 FM
37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Nomadio React 2.4 OR Airtronics M11 75MHz

Old 03-04-2008, 07:17 AM
qaiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nomadio React 2.4 OR Airtronics M11 75MHz

Hey guys.

Im gonna be getting one of the two radios listed above.

Which would be better

The Nomadio React 2.4
Or the Airtronics M11 75MHz FM..

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
ecocav04

Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4 OR Airtronics M11 75MHz

nomadio customer support sucks. yes they do stuff for the military but still there customer support sucks from a customers point of view go with the airtronics
Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
qaiz

Customer Support is the least of my Problems.

I wont have access to it anyway.

Feature wise im asking, I know the Airtronics is FM, but it's FM, the React has 2.4. I can get both for the same price.

Thats why im asking.

Which is better

Airtronics M11 FM Radio
Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Jatohulk

I would say the M11 because of the way it feels in the hand.... I have the React and it sucks in a sense of the way it feels can not stand it. I perferr using my friends MX-3 FASST than my React.. I am now waiting for the New Futaba 4pk and getting rid of my React at the end of this month.. The M11 has the same feature as the React..
Old 03-04-2008, 09:52 AM
qaiz

Alright, M11 it is

Ill buy the 2.4 module later on.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Nomadio. The customer service is just fine. The react is a much nicer system.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
qaiz

Agh,

The battery + charger is gonna add up for the Airtronics, I cant use the ones you guys use, differient voltage.

Im buying the react, it has 2.4, a newer system, and still a very good one, I just tired one out, and loved the feel.

BTW What batteries does the React use, Im gonna get it off line.

Thanks for all the replies
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
ecocav04

gooid luck with that pile of pooh when you receivers go out. ive never sen a systems with receivers that go out so often
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
qaiz

If a reciever goes out, it goes out. Already ordered, no turning back.

IMO I rather go for 2.4 GHz than FM, im tired of interfearence.

Thanks for the replies
Old 03-04-2008, 03:15 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: ecocav04

gooid luck with that pile of pooh when you receivers go out. ive never sen a systems with receivers that go out so often
If the pooh fails, by the spektrum recievers. BTW with the nomadios you can re-flash them.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
rpespo

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Agh,

The battery + charger is gonna add up for the Airtronics, I cant use the ones you guys use, differient voltage.

Im buying the react, it has 2.4, a newer system, and still a very good one, I just tired one out, and loved the feel.

BTW What batteries does the React use, Im gonna get it off line.

Thanks for all the replies
The React comes with an 800mah rechargeable stick pack battery. It can be charged by removing it from the radio or through an external jack on the side. I use the external jack and my super brain charger. I bought an extra 2300mah battery from cheapbatteries.com for $18.

Also got a very cool vinyl skin for it too. Got that from rev-rc.com. Cost about $30.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
chrobar

I would definately vote for the Airtronics. I freaking love how it feels, and it has all the best features, along with plenty that are extras.
The backlight and the screen are the coolest ever, and it's one of the coolest looking radios IMO.
The react has sooooooooo many features, and it can be upgraded through the computer. The downside is that it feels like crap, IMO, it's too light which makes it feel cheap, and it doesn't have a big screen or backlight. But yeah, in features, it probably has the most.
Also, if you look at how much the airtronics costs compared to the nomadio, it's only like $200 for everything, and a module is like $150 on ebay. Also, with the 2.4 ghz, its speed is just as fast as the nomadio.
Good luck on what you choose, though qaiz.
I actually got the Futaba 3PM fasst because I hope to upgrade to the 3PK someday. I already have the receiver, so all I will need to buy is the module and transmitter..
but anyway..it's your choice.
Tom
Old 03-05-2008, 10:32 AM
P2gee

This is really pretty easy.......React. The M11 is the most overweight, unbalanced brick of a radio ever made. M8 is actually a better choice. Airtronics has no real claim to customer service either IMO. A few years back, they had a substantial number of their high end servos come off the line with out locktite on the motor screws. Screws would loosen over time cause assorted problems including trashed cars and planes. Airtronics was recommending customers take their servos apart and lock tite the screws before using. Hmmm.....lessee.....buy a new servo for 100+, then take it apart and finish what the factory didn't. Not me!!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:50 PM
chrobar

I personally would really like to have a heavier radio. It just feels like it's more sturdy and has higher quality. The light react just feels like a cheap RTR radio, and I don't like that.
I do know, however, that Nomadio is really on top of things with the radio and service oriented. It also has the more features than you could ever want.
Although, again qaiz, make sure you try to get a feel for each radio. It sucks getting a $250 radio and ending up not liking how it feels.
Tom
Old 03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
qaiz

Thanks guys,

Yupp I tried out both the radios at my track, I liked the lightness off the React, the airtronics was a tad bit over kill for me.

Still backordered, ordered 5 extra recievers [:@] All backordered [&o]
Old 03-06-2008, 12:10 AM
rpespo

ORIGINAL: chrobar

I personally would really like to have a heavier radio. It just feels like it's more sturdy and has higher quality. The light react just feels like a cheap RTR radio, and I don't like that.
I do know, however, that Nomadio is really on top of things with the radio and service oriented. It also has the more features than you could ever want.
Although, again qaiz, make sure you try to get a feel for each radio. It sucks getting a $250 radio and ending up not liking how it feels.
Tom
Shame on anyone for not going down to the LHS and asking to see and hold a radio before they buy it. Especially when it comes to buying a higher-end radio like the M11, React or DX3R. I always do this before buying it...on ebay.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 AM
jessemxt

Just make sure you unplug the battery from the react before you are done using it, For some reason it still draws current when it is plugged in and turned off. I am using a lipo battery and voltage regulator. I absolutely love mine. If I could change one thing I would like rubber grips on the radio but that is all.