Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3pm fss problem

Old 03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3pm fss problem

Hey guys I have a strange problem I have a relatively new futaba 3pm fs bought it new like 6 months ago and it just stops responding after about 10 minutes of run-time. It just dies, good thing I have a fail-safe! I can turn it off unplug the rx batt and wait like 2 hours without charging the battery turn it on and it will work again. I dont get it I always ran the receiver in a sealed radio box or in a balloon neck zip-tied with a drop of silicone never exposed to fuel or water it was wrapped in foam in radio boxes. any ideas? servos work fine with another radio and this one.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
acexxxoasis

Default RE: 3pm fss problem

anyone? the system just stops responding after 10-20 minutes if I wait about an hour it works again. I dont want to buy a new radio system and I cannot go back to a TRX system again. any help?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Coadster67

Using a 6 volt battery?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Sean C
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a very similar problem with mine too, except right out of the box. I returned it the next day.

After doing more research, it seems there are numerous 3PM FASST users with very similar symptoms. I didn't feel like being asked all the typical newbie questions about my setup (which was just 2 analog servos on a freshly formed 6V 1500mAh pack). I just wanted my money back, period. I exchanged for a 3PM 75MHz and haven't had one single problem.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Coadster67

I've had my FAAST since christmas, hasnt givin me any problems.

Yet.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 PM
misasi

good thing i just ordered this unit from tower [:@] i hope i dont have any issues
Old 03-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Coadster67

You shouldnt. Personally I love it. When i go out to the field it has so much range i go until I can't hear the truck anymore. Thats faaaar.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
acexxxoasis

I have the 75 MHz fully synthesized version not the Spread spectrum its a big pain in the butt and I CANNOT stand the TQ3 anymore compared to the 3pm I have to pull the trigger almost all the way in before it starts to open I WILL NEVER use a cheap radio again if I dont have to. I also sent Futaba an email and I got back a robot reply telling me how to switch from my radio from surface use to air use and vise versa and then I replied back saying I dont want to know about that then requoted my original email. they said I need to send in my entire system and they will see if its a manufacturing defect or not.

also I love my LHS they said theyll print me up a new receipt cause I cant find my old one
Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 PM
misasi

I just got my 3pm radio today and so far im impressed. the actual receiver antenna is only like 1 inch long that blows my mind. i wonder why futaba didn't go the way of spectrum and shorten the total length down because they have about 6 inches of coax and then on the end the last inch or so is the antenna.