Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Tips on where I can get teh battery & Charger Tamiya style connectors?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Tips on where I can get teh battery & Charger Tamiya style connectors?

Old 03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Themorales1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips on where I can get teh battery & Charger Tamiya style connectors?

I just received two (2) 6V humpback battery packs and a universal "smart" charger for my OFNA Ravager.

1. I'd like to buy an extendor cable that I can plug to the receiver box and connect to the battery pack, that way I can recharge the battery pack withought having to open the receiver box every time. (Lazy.. [:-])

2. The universal charger has two conection options, the "big" 7.2V connector and the red/black manual connectors. I'd like to find a connector cable that connects from the "big" 7.2V connector to the small male connector on the 6V battery packs I dont like or trust the manual type clip connectors.

Any body know of a supplier that sells both?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
systemlord

Default RE: Tips on where I can get teh battery & Charger Tamiya style connectors?

ORIGINAL: Themorales1999

I just received two (2) 6V humpback battery packs and a universal "smart" charger for my OFNA Ravager.

1. I'd like to buy an extendor cable that I can plug to the receiver box and connect to the battery pack, that way I can recharge the battery pack withought having to open the receiver box every time. (Lazy.. [:-])

2. The universal charger has two conection options, the "big" 7.2V connector and the red/black manual connectors. I'd like to find a connector cable that connects from the "big" 7.2V connector to the small male connector on the 6V battery packs I dont like or trust the manual type clip connectors.

Any body know of a supplier that sells both?
If your going to charge through that small reciever size connector, charging at or less than 1 amp is ok. I have the same set-up, I have a 6" inch extention coming out of the reciever box so I can just disconnect it right out in the open instead of having to open the reciever box everytime. As for changing those Tamya connectors to something smaller isn't a good idea, use Ultra Deans connectors as they can handle the current.
Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Themorales1999

Default RE: Tips on where I can get teh battery & Charger Tamiya style connectors?

I meant that I want to be able to store my 6V pack where the AA a currently stored (outside the receiver box) but not have the cable from the 6V pack go inside the receiver box since that would mean me getting into the receiver box every time I need to recharge. I would like to have an "extender" cable comming out of the receiver box that connects (Male to Female) with the 6V pack on teh outside of the receiver box and that would let me charge teh 6V pack easily.

Regarding the charger, I have the manual clips that are black and red but like I said I dont like how "loose" those look. I also have the "big" white battery clip and that's the one I would like to connect to a connector that goes from the white clip to a female receptor where I can plug my battery back to. Make some sence?