Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3pm Fasst

Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
rlem00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3pm Fasst

I've had my Futaba for about 3 months now with no problems. Today I was out running it and all of the sudden it started to glitch, no steering or throttle. Took the car inside and started to trouble shoot. What I noticed was that when it stopped receiving the light on the receiver would go from green to red. Just comes and goes. Does anyone have any ideas on this as far as a cause. I have it waterproofed with some Dielectric grease but that should not cause a problem and I have run it several times like that with no problems. It's almost like I'm getting interference somewhere.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 PM
chrobar

Default RE: 3pm Fasst

Did you get the problem right after you used the grease? I would try and wipe as much of it off as possible, and try again..if it still doesn't work, contact Futaba.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:03 AM
rlem00

No, I ran the car several times with no problem after doing the waterproofing. I'm gonna run out and get some new batteries for the Tx and see if they staring to get low and dropping signal strength from time to time.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:02 AM
chrobar

Hmm..make sure that at least the end of the antennae is sticking out, I have the whole thing out of the box and under the body. You should be able to see what the voltage is on the Tx, but batteries may very well be the issue. If you use the failsafe on the radio, it should go off when the voltage is too low in either the rx or tx, so try that. If all else fails, like I said, contact CS from Futaba..hopefully they can help you.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
rlem00

New batteries solved the problem as far as I can tell. I guess the signal becomes intermittent when you hit about 10v on the transmitter.