Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Throttle Dead Band

Old 03-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Speed_Freak_039A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Dead Band

I used to have a older JR radio. It has this feature called TDB or Throttle Dead Band. I think thats what it was called. Anyways, Here is what it would do. Normally when you let the trigger go into the neutral position there would be a dead spot when you push for brakes before the brakes would actually grab. Some of this play can be worked out with linkages, but this radio feature would allow you to pick a setpoint for the servo to jump to as soon as the brakes as touched. This would be the starting point for the brakes, then it would go farther as the trigger is pulled more. So basically it would get rid of any play or deadness in the brake linkages. Does the new Spektrum DX3R have any feature that would work like this? Could expo be setup to take care of this deadband?
Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 AM
u1arunit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Dead Band

No and No.