Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

1/8 buggy and truggy servos?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:11 PM
M1220

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 buggy and truggy servos?

Hey all, I nedd your input. What is a good starting point for a steering servo for each class ie minimum torque and speed. I have raced electric truck and 2 wd buggy and 2wd gas truck but I am getting into the above mentioned. Thanks all for the help.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
systemlord

Default RE: 1/8 buggy and truggy servos?

ORIGINAL: M1220

Hey all, I nedd your input. What is a good starting point for a steering servo for each class ie minimum torque and speed. I have raced electric truck and 2 wd buggy and 2wd gas truck but I am getting into the above mentioned. Thanks all for the help.
Well you want a servo thats responsive enough to where it doesn't take too long, so .18sec is about a high a transit time you want. For torque I will need a weight class to make an informed decision.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
M1220

The weight is about 8 - 9.5 lbs. 1/8 scale buggy and truggy, thank you.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:59 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: M1220

The weight is about 8 - 9.5 lbs. 1/8 scale buggy and truggy, thank you.
Your are about my weight, so you can get away with 70-90oz.in of torque. There is a big difference between analog and digital servos, a digital servo receives six power pulses to the coreless motor before one power pulse reaches an analog servo. Digital servos reach there rated torque instantly, analog servos need to turn almost 1/4 turn before reaching there rated torque. I'm not saying you need or have to get a digital servo, they also draw more current from your battery. I use for my truck a Hitec HSC-5997TG (titanium gear) servo, but takes a little time (.14 sec) to get used to the fast response times on the HSC-5997TG.