Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

What should I buy

Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 PM
guitarplyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I buy

I am thinking of building an R/C Car and don know how the receiving end of the radio works or how you should set it up. I would like to know more and if anyone has some good websites that explain how to hook up a radio to a micro chip or something please let me know. I hope to use a 5 or 6 channel remote.

-Guitarplyr

Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
SManMTB

Default RE: What should I buy

LOL, I think you're the one who needs to provide more info.

What exactly are you going to do?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:13 PM
systemlord

Surface radio's only go upto four channels, you really only need two channels. Channel 1 for your steering servo, channel two for your throttle & braking servo or speed control. Most RTR's (ready to run) come ready to run, you add fuel and batteries thats it. Then you have to learn how to tune the engine, I think electric cars and trucks would be easier for beginners. You do need to give us more info, you want to run a off road trucks, on road cars etc..
Old 04-08-2008, 11:58 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: guitarplyr

I am thinking of building an R/C Car and don know how the receiving end of the radio works or how you should set it up. I would like to know more and if anyone has some good websites that explain how to hook up a radio to a micro chip or something please let me know. I hope to use a 5 or 6 channel remote.

-Guitarplyr

As for cars and trucks, 3channels is what you will need at most (unless you are making a trick car or truck that requires more servos to perform other functions). Most RC car/truck radios are of the pistol & wheel design, and I believe only the Nomandio Sensor (pistol and wheel radio) is capable of 4 channels.

For RC tanks, I can see where 4+ channels are required. But these radios are never pistol and wheel, they are box & stick.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 AM
guitarplyr

yes I am Wanting It to be more of a robot That is controlled by a remote and has several channels for moving specific motors. I Didnt realize I forgot to say that. And yes I want a box and stick remote. I just don't know where to get a remote and radio reciever and instructions on how to hook it up. That is what I really want
Old 05-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Airbus 9e

Futaba has the 7Cap and 9Cap radios on surface frequencies. I have a 9Cap I use with my tank drive robot with a video camera....