Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

little aerials??

Old 04-16-2008, 04:20 AM
savtraxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little aerials??

i dont mean to sound dumb but i have heard that that they are called spektrum.... like those aerials in racing buggys and the aerials are like 5 cm long ..sorry to sound stupid but are they expensive and can i put one in my e firestorm?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: little aerials??

Most DSM or FHSS type radios give you the ability to cut down the aerial length to about 3.5 inches from where it exits the receiver case. You will need a compatible radio as well as a compatible receiver. Some of the better radios with this capability which will not break the bank are the Airtonics MX3 FHSS, the Futaba 3PM FASST and the Spektrum DX3. In all these cases, you will need the radio and the receiver. These receivers will not work with AM or FM systems.

More importantly than simply allowing you to shorten the antenna, they will also give you a huge increase in range, and you will never have to worry about interference with other modellers again. Those are their real benefits. They are well worth the money, and recommended for anyone in the hobby as an early upgrade from their RTR system.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 AM
savtraxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

expensive?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I gave you the model numbers, surely you can find out or yourself? In my opinion, no. It all depends how much money you have.

OK fine. This is the best economy 2.4ghz system in my opinion...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPZT7&P=ML