Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Trouble with Traxxas ESC and Futaba 3PJ

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Trouble with Traxxas ESC and Futaba 3PJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
quemazon
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with Traxxas ESC and Futaba 3PJ

This may turn into a long post, but please hear me out. I just got a new E-Maxx as well as a used Futaba 3PJ. I'm trying to set up the ESC, but there isn't enough throw on the brake side to set the end-point on the ESC. The setup routine first picks off the neutral point, then the full throttle point (up to there it's good), then when I go to set the brake, it won't take it. There just isn't enough throw in that direction for the ESC to recognize it as a valid brake position. I've tried adjusting the ATV to 120% on the brake side, 5:5 mode, 7:3 mode, 100% ATL, messing with the trim, adjusting the brake limit set-screw and so-on. Nothing works.

What I need is true 5:5 output from the throttle, but that's not what I'm getting. There is a setting on the 3PJ that will supposedly give 5:5, but it puts out more like 7:3. (I looked at it with a servo). When I put it on the 7:3 setting I get more like 9:1. It's really frustrating!

I took the radio apart to see if there was a way to adjust the throttle neutral position, and there isn't . Well, there is a small plastic piece that determines the neutral position that could easily be replaced. Does Futaba sell a part that would give me actual 5:5 throttle action?

If you have any ideas on how to resolve this please let me know. I'm just frustrated that I can't make this super-duper do-everything TX work with a simple ESC. Argh!